[SOLVED] Cooler pump Does not work unless i reset pc by the powersupply

Botanicgore

Honorable
May 23, 2015
for the last 2 days when i woke up and turn my PC on my CPU temp cranks up to 100C> so i turned it off by the power supply so that i could check if the cooler is loose (It wasnt) but i found that upon turning it back on the temp issue was fixed so i suspected it was my pump on my AIO cooler playing up. i woke up this morning about 15 minutes ago and it did the same thing but this time i was able to check HW monitor before it got too hot, and low and behold SYS fan 1 (Cooler Pump) was not listed, so i toggled the PSU and hey presto it booted up normally and the pump was working again. My question is do you think its a cooler issue, or motherboard issue ?

Specs:
Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX L120T Red All In One Liquid CPU Cooler
MoBo: MSI B450M gaming AM4

P.S the pump is about 2 months old and the motherboard about 2.5 years old

Solution
for the last 2 days when i woke up and turn my PC on my CPU temp cranks up to 100C> so i turned it off by the power supply so that i could check if the cooler is loose (It wasnt) but i found that upon turning it back on the temp issue was fixed so i suspected it was my pump on my AIO cooler playing up. i woke up this morning about 15 minutes ago and it did the same thing but this time i was able to check HW monitor before it got too hot, and low and behold SYS fan 1 (Cooler Pump) was not listed, so i toggled the PSU and hey presto it booted up normally and the pump was working again. My question is do you think its a cooler issue, or motherboard issue ?

Specs:
MoBo...

Specs:
MoBo: MSI B450M gaming AM4

P.S the pump is about 2 months old and the motherboard about 2.5 years old
Most probably a setting in BIOS. Try to set that header manually so it always spins full speed, that will help cooling too specially at idle.
Most AIO pumps should be set that way.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS