Core i9 Engineering Sample Shows 6-Core Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsklingensmith

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]BTW: The "Best Offers" ad box is covering up the second graph in my Firefox browser. Tried reloading the page, still can't view the second graph.[/citation]

I have the same problem with Chrome, happens whenever they have multiple graphs/charts in a news article.

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
AMD really needs to get a new processor out. Right now it isn't that bad, but I'm worried that there will come a point when Intel simply doesn't have any legitimate mainstream competition.

Marcus Yam

Splendid
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]JeanLuc[/nom]The graphs for me at stretching across the page (Firefox 3.5.5) is anyone else getting this problem?[/citation]
Sorry guys, should be all fixed now. :)

G

I wonder how these polish guys get their hands on the engineering sample!
lots of $$$ perhaps?

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
That is what I am looking for, one of those, 2 ATI 5790 x2's 6 or 12 displays... eyefinity at its best and 24 or 28gb of ram.... Windows 7 64bit...

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Scores double the i5. I would personally cry if I had recently bought an i5 and then see that graph :p. I know ill be getting me one of those babies once it out in the market. Dont feel like it will get outperform significantly any time soon after so will be a good time to upgrade again :)

greenbuck

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Sweet, faster with lower power consumption. I'm holding on upgrading my system. I'll wait for this baby to come out. I just hope it will not be too expensive.

christop

Distinguished
Has all research gone out the window on clock speeds? I was reading about some new material that could help with the heat dispersion.. Is this super future material I was reading about still in the works? Just wondering?

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
looking good, especially for a non bios optimized engineering sample. The Nehalem architecture seems to scale well from four to six cores, in many cases achieving a nearly 50% performance increase over the i7. I do a lot of video/3D rendering using programs like After Effects and Maya, and fortunately these applications (especially 3D rendering apps) really take advantage of having a processor with more cores/threads. I've been looking forward to its release for a while now, but unfortunately I've heard rumors that the i9 will only be available as an Extreme Edition to start... meaning outside my budget. the 32 nm LGA 1366 processors are looking to be a worthwhile investment for me though, so I might finally be able to put together that long awaited and much needed new system.

G

50% better performance in synthetics with 50% more cores isn't really impressive though.

No doubt this is a great processor but it's unlikely it'll be worth the premium over i7. Indeed, it could be argued that the best feature of the i9 is that the i7 prices might drop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.