Question CPU Falsely at 91C, Fan at 100%, Not always (Need Help)

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
Hello, I've recently built a computer and I have this problem where it would report the CPU being at 91-95C and spin the fans to oblivion (As I have 7 fans)

Cooling in question is ML360R RGB from Coolermaster.
MB: Gigabyte Gaming X

I can't 100% confirm, but if I leave the fans at Normal settings, I don't think this problem occurs, but I have a problem when the temps go to 53C under load, the fans make more noise that I'd like so I've manually adjusted the 53C to be 59C so I never have to hear the fans spin up that much as I never go above 59.

But for some reason.. 2/3 times when I turn on the computer, the computer just decides that my CPU is at 91C and ramps up the fans to MAX, but as soon as I join the bios, just join, not touch anything the temps and speed would go down to 27C avg. Even clicking the SAVE & EXIT button, while I have have option to decide to SAVE or CANCEL the temps and fans go to 100%, I click cancel the temps and fans go down and it's really strange, and as I mentioned above, once the PC is fully on, sometimes it will go to 91C sometimes it will stay at 27C for no reason...

Again I cannot fully confirm if this is true about me settings them manually, but even on Silent default mode this happens as I mentioned above I do not want the fans to go above a certain speed because I don't like the noise they make.

Can someone help me with this problem?

Lutfij

Titan
You've stated that you're on a Gigabyte gaming X motherboard. I ran a Google searcht o try and narrow down the chipset/model and then I see this. That's at least 4 Gaming X versions in Giagbyte's portfolio. Which one do you have?

Might want to also check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment. What OS version are you working with?

PaPies

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2014
You've stated that you're on a Gigabyte gaming X motherboard. I ran a Google searcht o try and narrow down the chipset/model and then I see this. That's at least 4 Gaming X versions in Giagbyte's portfolio. Which one do you have?

Might want to also check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment. What OS version are you working with?
Looks like Motherboard/BIOS faulty.

Might be useful, if you tell us , which CPU. I checked your input twice, but obviously I did not find, which CPU.

My apologies, it’s z490, 10700k.

TRENDING THREADS