[SOLVED] CPU fan error AND cannot go into BIOS

Aug 23, 2022
I changed my CPU cooler recently and now I have this error. The main problem is that I cannot go into BIOS because for some reason my PC does not recognize the keyboard. Pressing the Del and F1 key does not work. I tried:
  • Pressing the DirectKey on the mobo and that doesn't work.
  • Clearing the RTC RAM in CMOS by removing the CMOS battery and moving the jumper cap for 5-10 seconds.
  • Prior to the problem I have set the computer to disable the 'Fast Boot' option. Theory all USB 2.0 ports should be working.
All I want is to go to the BIOS and change the CPU fan settings. It is not possible for me to 'Shift + Shutdown' and restart to UEFI screen because I cannot pass the boot screen.
More info: I have a ASUS P9X79 LE Motherboard. I switch CPU cooler from AIO to air. Switching back to my old AIO, temporarily, is not possible because it is not functional. Someone pls help!

Solution
Found the solution. It was my 'gaming keyboard' that my BIOS did not recognize it.. wtf

Some Corsair keyboards won't work in your computer's BIOS due to gaming optimizations. Any keys you press before booting an OS will not be recognized.

In order to use your keyboard in the BIOS, you must turn on "BIOS mode" for your keyboard.

Turn on your PC and wait for the screen when it says CPU Fan Error and then do the following:
  1. Hold down the WINLOCK key.
  2. Wait 5 seconds
  3. Now hold down the F1 key (so both keys are pressed)
  4. Wait 5 seconds
  5. Release WINLOCK - the Scroll Lock LED should blink
  6. After a second, release F1
You should access to BIOS now. Not just Corsair but...
Aug 23, 2022
Found the solution. It was my 'gaming keyboard' that my BIOS did not recognize it.. wtf

Some Corsair keyboards won't work in your computer's BIOS due to gaming optimizations. Any keys you press before booting an OS will not be recognized.

In order to use your keyboard in the BIOS, you must turn on "BIOS mode" for your keyboard.

Turn on your PC and wait for the screen when it says CPU Fan Error and then do the following:
  1. Hold down the WINLOCK key.
  2. Wait 5 seconds
  3. Now hold down the F1 key (so both keys are pressed)
  4. Wait 5 seconds
  5. Release WINLOCK - the Scroll Lock LED should blink
  6. After a second, release F1
You should access to BIOS now. Not just Corsair but check your keyboard that has a BIOS mode.
Source: Toggling BIOS mode on Corsair keyboards – Blog post – Simon Fredsted

For the CPU Fan Error, it was easily solved by ignore the CPU Fan speed.

Solution