Question CPU & GPU Clock & Temperature

Jul 30, 2022
Hey, it's my first time posting here.

So, I have an MSI GE76 Raider Laptop
RTX 3070 & 32GB memory & 8gb VRAM.

On MSI center, my GPU clock is somehow locked at 1620Mhz and VRAM clock is locked at 7000Mhz, my laptop heats A LOT like really a lot... It can reach up to 94%°C CPU temp and 89%°C GPU temp.

Is the high VRAM and GPU clock raising the temperatures or is it supposed to be this high and temp has nothing to do with this?

BTW, before posting this i was playing Battlefield 5 on low settings and 80% resolution (wasn't that blurry) and i could cook an egg on the laptop with that heat while playing BF V

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
While it may be hard to believe, those kinds of thermals are typical of GAMING laptops.
If some kind of high performance power plan is enabled in Nvidia Optimus(?)... I forget what it's called for mobile... or on Msi Center, that's going to keep the clocks up, even when they're not doing much of anything.
Or, you're running something like Wallpaper Engine...

Is the high VRAM and GPU clock raising the temperatures or is it supposed to be this high and temp has nothing to do with this?
It's the tiny package that's responsible more than anything. Heat just cannot get out of these devices easily. Also, on many models, the cpu and gpu share the only heatsink underneath the device.