Question CPU has strange overheating issues

Apr 27, 2021
Hi, I have a Predator Triton 300 with an i7 10th gen and an rtx 2070.

When idle, the CPU sits at around 50-60 and sometimes goes up to 80 but then right back down. But when gaming, the CPU goes up to 90 degrees and sits there, even with only 10-17% CPU usage. The GPU stays at around 60-70.

When rendering audio and video files, however, the CPU usage goes all the way up to 50% but the temps stay at around 70 -80 degrees, spiking to 90 only a few times per render. I can't figure out why this happens, and it is really annoying as according to Intel XTU I get thermal throttling almost all the time while gaming and even sometimes while idling but when rendering audio and video it doesn't thermal throttle as much. I understand that I shouldn't expect much in terms of cooling from a Triton 300, but this seems very strange regardless of how good a laptop's cooling is. Also, due to a security flaw in the bios, voltage adjustment was disabled on all versions of the bios. So undervolting is not an option for me.

Mar 15, 2021
Hi! 90 degrees is not that much for a laptop as a lot of people have similar overheating problems. Even if it is not that harmful for the laptop you got to make something to fix it for a longer life of the device. I would recommend putting your Windows power plan to balanced if it is not. Another good idea is getting a cooling pad which will help you with temperature a lot and will most likely boost the performance. The cooling pads are not expensive as the are 20-30 buck on amazon. Hope that helps!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS