Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2020
Hello everybody,
I have been playing this game on my new pc for like a good 1 year and i haven't had any issues, but lately it has started lagging. My FPS is 300 ping is around 20-30 ms. The lag comes when i play online, if i play with bots everything is fine. I have done a lot of things.
i have the game on ssd,
i have reinstalled the game many times,
i have reseted my pc,
im playing with low graphics,
i have deleted csgo cache many times,
i have reseted my config,
all my drivers are up to date and i have checked it many times.
Even when i have net_graph opened everything seems like it should be and like others have but somehow my game still lags.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem, cause im very annoyed by it.
Thanks in advance!

Here is a video that shows the problem: View: https://imgur.com/i6r5Jo2

Solution
I also just saw this in console when is was done in a deathmatch, just to test if i still got the lag.
I dont know if it has something to do with the issue, but it doesn´t seems right ;)

View: https://imgur.com/a/q5aYZ08

Half precent isnt anything for packet loss.
What about lowering the bandwith and ping settings in CSGO?

Try doing commands in CMD (type cmd in start right click and run as admin
then type
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

You "may" try to call ISP provider to see if its on their side.
Or have you tried restarting your router or using another DNS?
Like google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

For instance I have packet loss cause my brother using my net...
The lag may occur due "Jumps", in short if you are Connected to server A, and the games is on server B, the package has to "Jump" from A1, A2,A3 to the final destination B.
And if the package gets Lost due "something" lets say, you get packet lost.

I usually restart router every once a day due issues with my current game.

Culprit might be your ISP, the servers or ports.

I really do not know how to setup pingplotter with CSGO, but with command which shows on which IP you're currently (IP is their CSGO server) you might see how many "jumps" you make.

Try to lower bandwith and max latency in settings to get closer server and see if it makes difference, if not ill try to setup pingplotter on CSGO to try to help you.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
The lag may occur due "Jumps", in short if you are Connected to server A, and the games is on server B, the package has to "Jump" from A1, A2,A3 to the final destination B.

I really do not know how to setup pingplotter with CSGO, but with command which shows on which IP you're currently (IP is their CSGO server) you might see how many "jumps" you make.

Try to lower bandwith and max latency in settings to get closer server and see if it makes difference, if not ill try to setup pingplotter on CSGO to try to help you.

:unsure: Can he use the traceroute command in the command prompt to ping the server in question?

Jan 23, 2020

It seems like i got no problems with the packet loss, am i right?
View: https://imgur.com/axGCS1d

I also just saw this in console when is was done in a deathmatch, just to test if i still got the lag.
I dont know if it has something to do with the issue, but it doesn´t seems right ;)

View: https://imgur.com/a/q5aYZ08

Half precent isnt anything for packet loss.
What about lowering the bandwith and ping settings in CSGO?

Try doing commands in CMD (type cmd in start right click and run as admin
then type
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

You "may" try to call ISP provider to see if its on their side.
Or have you tried restarting your router or using another DNS?
Like google 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

For instance I have packet loss cause my brother using my net.
toms.jpg

Solution
Feb 19, 2020
That sir, looks like packet loss, if it is consistent across online games and such. Are you on wifi? try a cable or a new router. could be a QoS issue as well if you have it configured. It could be a routing or VPN issue as well. You can also try disabling the steam relay and see if that helps at all. Also bad line quality can cause issues like this if they're consistent. My wild guess is that your router is somewhere around 3-5 years old now, and they're only built to last 2 years in the consumer market (like newer phones, they typically fry themselves after a few years).

There are a ton of variables on this one. I would simply google "how to fix packet loss" and try pretty much every solution you can find. This could be a bad NIC/WiFi module, it could be a bandwidth or QoS issue, or it could be a line issue, or an ISP routing issue, or even DNS, as mentioned before. Alot of ISP are limiting game traffic bandwidth these days as well, you could try masking if this is the case.

In order to help narrow down I have a few ?'s

Are you wired or wireless?
What is the model of your network access device (NIC/WIFI)
What router are you using? How old is it? Where is it located in respect to the client pc? What channel is it on, and what channels are being used in your area?
What is your ISP? Cable/DSL/etc
Can you complete an OOKLA speedtest? And what are your results?
How many Devices are on your network?
Are you using any traffic shaping technology like QoS, WMM, Beamforming, or CFosSpeed?
Any VPN, or something like WTfast, perhaps?
Have you disabled windows game bar?
Are you using the steamdatagram relay system? Try disabling it.
Is this happening to this client only? or is this happening on all PC's on the network wired or wireless?

Thanks for your time in addressing these ?'s I'm hopeful they will help diagnose the cause of your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.