COMPUTERGUYMAC

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
I have a dell 9020 mini tower and I'm thinking about upgrading the graphics card and 290 watt power supply. I know I need a 24 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter for a bigger psu. What are some good power supplies that I could place in the case? <----Only ones that have sata power cables on them) Also what are some good graphics cards that can physically fit in this case without issue? I know there are low profile cards but I am looking for something more powerful. Please let me know and thank you :D

I have a dell 9020 mini tower and I'm thinking about upgrading the graphics card and 290 watt power supply. I know I need a 24 Pin to 8 Pin Adapter for a bigger psu. What are some good power supplies that I could place in the case? <----Only ones that have sata power cables on them) Also what are some good graphics cards that can physically fit in this case without issue? I know there are low profile cards but I am looking for something more powerful. Please let me know and thank you :D
A corsair cx or other normal size psu will work, long units may not fit but those tend to be on the high end. What gpu do you plan on using and where in the world are you located?

As long as the gpu isn't longer then the width of the motherboard, it'll fit. Any longer and the drive cages will have to be moved.

COMPUTERGUYMAC

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
A corsair cx or other normal size psu will work, long units may not fit but those tend to be on the high end. What gpu do you plan on using and where in the world are you located?

As long as the gpu isn't longer then the width of the motherboard, it'll fit. Any longer and the drive cages will have to be moved.
Does the corsair cx have about 500 watts and come with power cables for something like a hard drive? I read that some do not. Which GPU? Well I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to low profile graphics cards but other than that I'd consider myself a novice. With these dell models it requires a drill to remove the drive cage, so ummmm what are a couple of a pretty good non-low profile cards that you would suggest that most likely wouldn't need the drive cage to be removed..? My primary uses would be maybe a ps3 emulator and steam games like Nier. Truth be told, I'm running a integrated gpu atm and haven't actually switched out a gpu before :p

Does the corsair cx have about 500 watts and come with power cables for something like a hard drive? I read that some do not. Which GPU? Well I'm somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to low profile graphics cards but other than that I'd consider myself a novice. With these dell models it requires a drill to remove the drive cage, so ummmm what are a couple of a pretty good non-low profile cards that you would suggest that most likely wouldn't need the drive cage to be removed..? My primary uses would be maybe a ps3 emulator and steam games like Nier. Truth be told, I'm running a integrated gpu atm and haven't actually switched out a gpu before :p
A cx550 will have all the needed sata connections and molex connections to power any drive that isn't a server drive. There is no guarantee that the cx550 is in stock at present, so I would like to know where in the world you are situated.

To my recollection, emulators are cpu bound, so a gpu only helps a little bit? Regardless, you can fit any mid range gpu for the most part, I'd start with looking at a gtx1650 Super(not the 1650 non super), it's a power sipping card that performs quite well, with that we can look for a decent 450w psu instead to save some cash if needed.

COMPUTERGUYMAC

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
A cx550 will have all the needed sata connections and molex connections to power any drive that isn't a server drive. There is no guarantee that the cx550 is in stock at present, so I would like to know where in the world you are situated.

To my recollection, emulators are cpu bound, so a gpu only helps a little bit? Regardless, you can fit any mid range gpu for the most part, I'd start with looking at a gtx1650 Super(not the 1650 non super), it's a power sipping card that performs quite well, with that we can look for a decent 450w psu instead to save some cash if needed.
From the USA bro 😎😎. I'm just looking for a pretty good PSU that will make it so my mobo doesn't get burnt up. Some games on a Emulator won't even run if you don't have the proper GPU. Mortal combat X and the berserk ps2 game are a couple. Power sipping?? Hmmm, would a gtx 1650 super perform that much better than the low profile version or would the increase be minimal? P.S. If you have any links to the items you are referring that would be helpful because it's always a concern for me that I will find the wrong item.

From the USA bro 😎😎. I'm just looking for a pretty good PSU that will make it so my mobo doesn't get burnt up. Some games on a Emulator won't even run if you don't have the proper GPU. Mortal combat X and the berserk ps2 game are a couple. Power sipping?? Hmmm, would a gtx 1650 super perform that much better than the low profile version or would the increase be minimal? P.S. If you have any links to the items you are referring that would be helpful because it's always a concern for me that I will find the wrong item.
I don't believe there is a low profile 1650 Super. Unless you're getting the 1650 mixed up as a low profile card, it comes in both full size and low profile. The 1650 Super performs slightly slower then a 1660, and WAY faster then a 1650 non-S. If you want something beefier, you can opt for a 1660 Super or even a rtx 2060.

For the 1650 S or 1660 S, I'd get a cx550 or a cx650, whichever is in stock. For the rtx2060 I'd up it to a ion+(560w or 660w) or RMx, they're both exceedingly high quality, well suited for mid to high end parts.

COMPUTERGUYMAC

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
I don't believe there is a low profile 1650 Super. Unless you're getting the 1650 mixed up as a low profile card, it comes in both full size and low profile. The 1650 Super performs slightly slower then a 1660, and WAY faster then a 1650 non-S. If you want something beefier, you can opt for a 1660 Super or even a rtx 2060.

For the 1650 S or 1660 S, I'd get a cx550 or a cx650, whichever is in stock. For the rtx2060 I'd up it to a ion+(560w or 660w) or RMx, they're both exceedingly high quality, well suited for mid to high end parts.
I was referring to the the low profile variant of the non super 1650 gtx. Did you know there is a gddr5 version and gddr6 version though? Which power supply would you suggest for the low profile version of the 1650 gtx though? Right now I am running a stock 290 watt dell psu. I do not want to have to remove the hdd cage though.