brutzza

Honorable
Jan 7, 2016
Hi, I'm having a problem with my desktop computer.
Motherboard Intel DX58S0, CPU Intel i7 930, 4 x 2 GB DDR3 (1333 MHz)
I turn it on but whenever I turn it off, I discovered that I had to take off the cell or battery (the silver circle one) and put it on again for the computer to turn on.
I removed RAM, HDD, every wire and found out it was a cell problem.
I made the clear cmos with the jumper, bought a new cell but the problem persist.
So every time I want to turn on the computer, I have to take off and put on again the cell.
PS: to turn on the computer, it is enough to click the 0-1 button of the PSU (with the power cable plugged, of course), I don't need to press the power button in the front panel, that's another thing that annoys me.
But my main problem is the thing with the cell.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
When you turn off the computer do you use the normal windows shutdown process or do you just flip the PSU's ON/OFF ( 1/0) button?

You should always use the Windows shutdown in order to allow Windows to do some housecleaning, finish updates, etc. to ready itself for the next startup.

If you are doing a hard shutdown, then you risk corrupting files, losing data, and otherwise causing problems for the next boot up. And continuing to do so is likely to have a cumulative effect that makes the situation worse.

By removing the CMOS battery you are effectively just doing a restart with default settings. That still leaves "behind" corrupted files, unfinished updates, backups, etc. with respect to the data on the boot drive.

The front...

Ralston18

Titan
When you turn off the computer do you use the normal windows shutdown process or do you just flip the PSU's ON/OFF ( 1/0) button?

You should always use the Windows shutdown in order to allow Windows to do some housecleaning, finish updates, etc. to ready itself for the next startup.

If you are doing a hard shutdown, then you risk corrupting files, losing data, and otherwise causing problems for the next boot up. And continuing to do so is likely to have a cumulative effect that makes the situation worse.

By removing the CMOS battery you are effectively just doing a restart with default settings. That still leaves "behind" corrupted files, unfinished updates, backups, etc. with respect to the data on the boot drive.

The front panel button may be improperly connected or broken. You should not need to use it to shutdown.

Use the Windows "shutdown" process. Allow the computer to finish up what it needs to do and, hopefully, after a few cycles, all will work as expected.

Solution