Question Did I end BIOS update too early?

Feb 3, 2023
I was updating my MSI PRO z790-P using the Flash BIOS method. There is a red light flashing in the top left corner and another light (the one that shows if everything works fine. It is glowing red). Keep in mind I am updating AFTER I fully build my new machine so everything is already in the pc case and fully plugged in.

The light on the top left stopped flashing and was just glowing. I was updating for around 20 minutes so I figured it was done. I unplugged the USB and turned the power supply off. Then I powered the PSU on, pressed the ON button on the case and only the red error light was glowing. All the fans were running fine. Now I panicked and I am trying to update the BIOS again using the same method. The top left red light has been flashing the entire time for, again, around 10-15 minutes. Please help me I have tears in my eyes at this point.

Feb 3, 2023
How can I now enter BIOS, please tell me I didn't brick everything in the PC.

How can I know if the motherboard is broken?

Last edited:
Just to check a couple of things, did you rename the root BIOS file to MSI.ROM on the USB before flashing? And when you flashed the BIOS, was your PC powered on? (usually you only have to have the pc plugged into the mains with only the psu switched on.)