[SOLVED] Difference between 4G and 8G Radeon RX 580 when overclocking VRAM

arham.amouei

Reputable
Oct 25, 2018
Hi. As far as I know the default VRAM clock of RX 580 is 2000 MHz for 8GB cards and 1750 MHz for 4GB cards. How does this difference affect overclocking the VRAM? Is the 8GB type more stable at a clock of, say, 2100 MHz? Can such a high clock be harmful for the 4GB type? Thanks.

Solution
Hi. As far as I know the default VRAM clock of RX 580 is 2000 MHz for 8GB cards and 1750 MHz for 4GB cards. How does this difference affect overclocking the VRAM? Is the 8GB type more stable at a clock of, say, 2100 MHz? Can such a high clock be harmful for the 4GB type? Thanks.
8GB cards typically have different memory that is more capable/faster but OC depends one memory chips used, amount has nothing to do with it.
8GB cards typically have different memory that is more capable/faster but OC depends one memory chips used, amount has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: arham.amouei
Solution