Apr 20, 2020
Hello,

I had a fan that was not working so i had to see which one it was, after i realised and fixed which one it was. I booted up my PC, somehow it went direct into the bios settings and i saw that the SSD was not there as an option to boot. I tried to shut down my PC manually but it wasn't working (even holding the button). So i had to use the Power Supply Button to close it (i know it isn't a good idea but it was really stuck).
So i started checking where the problem was and i saw that the cable wasn't connected to the motherboard (it went out while trying to fix the fan). So i plugged it in and it booted perfectly but somehow my pc started a pc repair disk when booting and i let it do it. I asked a friend of mine what might be the case..

After that i did a fsutil dirty query C: in CMD. It said that my SSD is dirty.
So i took another step to fix it by using chkdsk C: /f /r /x and it took nearly 2 hours. It said at the end that there was nothing wrong.

So i checked the disk again and it still says it's dirty.
No idea what to do next, tried to find solutions with a friend but we couldn't find anything.

(Windows 10, SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB)

Cheers

Solution
First when in BIOS turning off PSU won't do anything. Even when the PC is on it isn't as damaging as it was back in the day. That was Mainly a FAT file system issue, not so much a NTFS issue, but you DEF don't want to do that while it is doing an update! Even now sometimes to get into safe mode on windows 10 they tell you to cut power twice in a row to get to startup repair sometimes. i do it quite often on stubborn systems.

I have see this issue once before looong ago. Try looking up the chkntfs command instead and chkdsk. that may help.
First when in BIOS turning off PSU won't do anything. Even when the PC is on it isn't as damaging as it was back in the day. That was Mainly a FAT file system issue, not so much a NTFS issue, but you DEF don't want to do that while it is doing an update! Even now sometimes to get into safe mode on windows 10 they tell you to cut power twice in a row to get to startup repair sometimes. i do it quite often on stubborn systems.

I have see this issue once before looong ago. Try looking up the chkntfs command instead and chkdsk. that may help.

Solution