Question Display comes when I use the pc without cabinet

palash89

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
I have been facing a wired problem lately and its driving me crazy for a month. When I power on the machine the display comes at windows login screen (no bios info screen) or sometimes no display. This problem generally don't occur if I restart windows. But if I shut down the machine for a while and unplug the power cable for sometimes (20-30 mins) and again plug the cable and power on, the problem occurs.

Now the wired thing is, for troubleshooting I disassembled all the hardware from cabinet and setup everything outside of it, the display works fine (can see bios info also) every time. In this case I power on the system with a tester by shorting those power pins of motherboard.

FYI, I get a short beep every time after power on (even no display) and I checked gigabyte's site that a short beep means system normal.

I tried so far:
  • check the vga cable & monitor with other pc -OK
  • cleaned ram & tried other ram slots of the motherboard -OK
  • tested the smps with other pc for a week -OK
  • reset CMOS and also changed battery -OK
  • changed sata cable & sata slots.
Could that be a cabinet problem or ssd or any other?

Please someone help me.

Last edited:

palash89

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
Could you have a standoff in an inappropriate place in the case? Could you be flexing the board because of missing standoffs?

@kanewolf Thanks for reply. I double checked the cabinet and there is no missing standoff. I placed the board again inside cabinet & setup everything now the display comes from bios screen but after I switch off & unplug the cable for few mins and after pluging the cable and powering on the machine directly shows the windows login screen. The problem is this doesn't occur every time.

Last edited:

palash89

Commendable
Aug 4, 2017
Update: Now I have faced late display despite of breadboarding but the difference now is I'm using a air cooler (coolermaster hyper 212x) which is very tied to cpu. I have also checked the cpu socket pins which are not bent.

Any suggestions??

TRENDING THREADS