Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Hi,

I just installed Sim City 4. The screen is distorted as soon as I click
on the icon to start playing. I can hear the music just fine, but I
can't see what I'm doing. It looks like the images are racing across
the screen from left to right.

I have a nVidia GeForce 6600
Pentium 4 processor
DirectX 9.0
All drivers are updated

Thanx

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Follow this link to see what the screen looks like:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wking555/detail?.dir=98fe&.dnm=c474.jpg&.src=ph

Bill King wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed Sim City 4. The screen is distorted as soon as I click
> on the icon to start playing. I can hear the music just fine, but I
> can't see what I'm doing. It looks like the images are racing across
> the screen from left to right.
>
> I have a nVidia GeForce 6600
> Pentium 4 processor
> DirectX 9.0
> All drivers are updated
>
> Thanx

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

Looks like your refresh rate is set too high maybe???

"Bill King" <wking@cccomm.net> wrote in message
> Follow this link to see what the screen looks like:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wking555/detail?.dir=98fe&.dnm=c474.jpg&.src=p

> Bill King wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed Sim City 4. The screen is distorted as soon as I click
> > on the icon to start playing. I can hear the music just fine, but I
> > can't see what I'm doing. It looks like the images are racing across
> > the screen from left to right.
> >
> > I have a nVidia GeForce 6600
> > Pentium 4 processor
> > DirectX 9.0
> > All drivers are updated
> >
> > Thanx

Archived from groups: alt.games.simcity (More info?)

That's what it was. Thanks.