Question Displays Crashing Whilst Gaming

Jun 22, 2022
This is my Build:
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i9-11900K 8/16 3.50GHz [Turbo 5.1GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200
  • FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1950 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 410/405k (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 2TB Samsung 870 QVO-Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 560/530 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 98/88k [+126] (Single Drive)
  • IUSB: Built-in USB Ports (Based on motherboard and case selection)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
  • MONITOR: 30" MSI Optix MAG301CR2 2560x1080 (WFHD), 1ms, 200Hz Curved Gaming monitor with AMD FreeSync™ technology [+350] (Single Monitor)
  • MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z590 PRO WiFi CEC ATX, ARGB, WiFi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 4 PCIe x16, 6 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
  • POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold P
This issue has been persisting for awhile now and initially I believed that it was my GPU that was the root of this issue. After re-seating my GPU and conversing with people more tech-knowledgeable than myself, we reached the conclusion that my issue is not rooted in the GPU. Whilst playing games(I've noticed it in particular recently happening with Satisfactory and CK3. But the issue originated with New World, but then stopped occurring while in game. I have no issues when running games like Runescape, League of Legends, or Monster Hunter: Rise) my displays will completely cut out but audio will continue and if I'm streaming through Discord then the stream will also continue. At this point I believe it might be my PC entering an "emergency" mode but I don't see any type of indicator of why this would happen. My RTX is in "Performance mode" but the issue still occurs if I'm in "Quiet Mode". I don't know if I should look into investing in more RAM as a means to counter this issue or if simply disassembling and reassembling my PC would be in my best interest. Occasionally when this issue occurs my PC will on its own perform a restart but other times will just sit with the display cut off but still running.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022
I got it from cyberpower-- so I imagine it's their default brand. Which I have recently been doing research into and apparently might be the source of my issue?