Radelly

Honorable
Dec 12, 2015
Hello,
Starting a few days ago, whenever my pc has been unplugged from power for a while and i start it, it then starts for a brief second, and then restarts and i get to the American Megatrends screen where it says:

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues.
Press F1 to Run SETUP

When i press F1 and enter the BIOS and then "Save and Exit" without changing anything, my pc then starts up windows. I havent changed any hardware for a few months and i dont use RAID. The SATA mode in BIOS is also set to AHCI and not raid.
Doing some research online people seem to hint at changing the CMOS battery, but they also have the issue of the BIOS time and date resetting, which i dont have. My XMP settings for my RAM does not reset either. If i understand what the CMOS battery is used for correctly, wouldnt all my BIOS settings be reset?

I wanted to ask if anyone has had the same issue and changing the CMOS battery is the fix?

The core of my build is from late 2017 and consists of:
i7 8700k
ASUS Z370-F Motherboard
16 GB DDR4 3000MHz
GTX 1080ti
1 TB M.2
1 TB SATA SSD
2 TB HDD
Corsair RM750X

Solution
Hello,
Starting a few days ago, whenever my pc has been unplugged from power for a while and i start it, it then starts for a brief second, and then restarts and i get to the American Megatrends screen where it says:

After setting up Intel(R) Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues.
Press F1 to Run SETUP

When i press F1 and enter the BIOS and then "Save and Exit" without changing anything, my pc then starts up windows. I havent changed any hardware for a few months and i dont use RAID. The SATA mode in BIOS is also set to AHCI and not raid.
Doing some research online people seem to hint at changing...
Hello,

Press F1 to Run SETUP

Doing some research online people seem to hint at changing the CMOS battery, but they also have the issue of the BIOS time and date resetting, which i dont have. My XMP settings for my RAM does not reset either. If i understand what the CMOS battery is used for correctly, wouldnt all my BIOS settings be reset?

I wanted to ask if anyone has had the same issue and changing the CMOS battery is the fix?

The core of my build is from late 2017 and consists of:
i7 8700k
ASUS Z370-F Motherboard
16 GB DDR4 3000MHz
GTX 1080ti
1 TB M.2
1 TB SATA SSD
2 TB HDD
Corsair RM750X
Yes you probably should. Does date time also gets wrong ?

Solution