mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
QVL At 2933 Mhz, yes. Whats the modelnumber on the sticks? v.numbers. Look here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/152314-die-versions-etc/
3.x, Micron, 4.x Samsung, 5.x Hynix.
I have a set of similar Corsair RAM. v4.32. Samsung C-die. It did 3000 Mhz no problem on a Ryzen 1700. I have a 5600X now. I could get the sticks up to 3600 Mhz. Manual timings of course. They don't like voltage, at all. People have had decent success with undervolting instead. 1.31-1.34v.
I have another set too, Corsair, same timings and speed. Turns out it was Hynix AFR. v5.30. Couldn't get those to even boot at 3400 Mhz with a 5600X. Ran 3000 Mhz all day on Ryzen 1700.

In terms of what to do, set vSoc to 1.10 volts. vDIMM to 1.40, as long as it is not Samsung C-die. Run Memtest again. RAM Slots 2 & 4 should be populated. Just to make sure, check your motherboard manual. If that doesn't solve it, manual tinkering is required.

Oct 4, 2021
QVL At 2933 Mhz, yes. Whats the modelnumber on the sticks? v.numbers. Look here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/152314-die-versions-etc/
3.x, Micron, 4.x Samsung, 5.x Hynix.
I have a set of similar Corsair RAM. v4.32. Samsung C-die. It did 3000 Mhz no problem on a Ryzen 1700. I have a 5600X now. I could get the sticks up to 3600 Mhz. Manual timings of course. They don't like voltage, at all. People have had decent success with undervolting instead. 1.31-1.34v.
I have another set too, Corsair, same timings and speed. Turns out it was Hynix AFR. v5.30. Couldn't get those to even boot at 3400 Mhz with a 5600X. Ran 3000 Mhz all day on Ryzen 1700.

In terms of what to do, set vSoc to 1.10 volts. vDIMM to 1.40, as long as it is not Samsung C-die. Run Memtest again. RAM Slots 2 & 4 should be populated. Just to make sure, check your motherboard manual. If that doesn't solve it, manual tinkering is required.
Need to remove ram stick to find out the model number? or can do via software, if any?

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
sorry for late reply, i just got chance to dismantle my pc
here is the photo of my memory label, kindly please check
"3.21 Micron 4Gbit Rev.B Confirmed"
If that is true, I can't see why 3000 Mhz would be a problem. I will repeat: "In terms of what to do, set vSoc to 1.10 volts. vDIMM to 1.40, as long as it is not Samsung C-die. Run Memtest again. RAM Slots 2 & 4 should be populated. Just to make sure, check your motherboard manual. "

Oct 4, 2021
"3.21 Micron 4Gbit Rev.B Confirmed"
If that is true, I can't see why 3000 Mhz would be a problem. I will repeat: "In terms of what to do, set vSoc to 1.10 volts. vDIMM to 1.40, as long as it is not Samsung C-die. Run Memtest again. RAM Slots 2 & 4 should be populated. Just to make sure, check your motherboard manual. "
more error occured
am i doing it correctly ?

Oct 4, 2021
Can you post a Zentimings screenshot?

hello
sorry for very long respon
want to continue the thread

so after i did some research about ram overclocking
i endup with ryzen dram calculator

i follow the timing , TCL until TRC , from the calculator
also set geardown disable and rate 1T (i read somewhere that best for overclocking)
other option and timing leave auto

i use HCI to do memory test,
it can pass 400% coverage without any error (as suggested on the HCI page)
bu then i leave it overnight, and woke up with 1 error (1300% coverage)

is that sign of unstable memory? or i can just ignore it?
what change can i made to remove the error

thank you

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
hello
sorry for very long respon
want to continue the thread

so after i did some research about ram overclocking
i endup with ryzen dram calculator

i follow the timing , TCL until TRC , from the calculator
also set geardown disable and rate 1T (i read somewhere that best for overclocking)
other option and timing leave auto

i use HCI to do memory test,
it can pass 400% coverage without any error (as suggested on the HCI page)
bu then i leave it overnight, and woke up with 1 error (1300% coverage)

is that sign of unstable memory? or i can just ignore it?
what change can i made to remove the error

thank you
Ryzen Dram Calculator sucks. Best to ignore it and do it the old-fashioned way. 1 timing at a time.
So what failed? If you had OCed your RAM correctly, the answer would be: The last timing you touched. See how simple it could be?
1 error is 1 too many. It's like asking "My cars tire blows up every 1300 km's. Should I do something to fix that?" I mean, yeah. Abso-freaking-lutely!

Oct 4, 2021
Ryzen Dram Calculator sucks. Best to ignore it and do it the old-fashioned way. 1 timing at a time.
So what failed? If you had OCed your RAM correctly, the answer would be: The last timing you touched. See how simple it could be?
1 error is 1 too many. It's like asking "My cars tire blows up every 1300 km's. Should I do something to fix that?" I mean, yeah. Abso-freaking-lutely!

this is the first time i touch the timing manually , so i dont have any idea which cause the error
now turn back my ram to default speed( no oc)

preveiously i only simply enable DOCP profile
15-17-17-35 1.35V DOCP2933
but it throw many errors

Oct 4, 2021
It looks loose, except for tRFC. Have you tried raising it? To 440 (300ns) or 462 (315 ns). Default on Micron tends to be 350 ns => tRFC 513. But it can run tighter, usually.
390 is like 266 ns. Some Micron can probably do that but the bargain bin variant you have? Doubt it.

i dont even know what that is haha, will try later

what app you use to test ram overclocking stability?

Oct 4, 2021
Did you run it in Admin mode as it asks?
It is going to be 3 runs. Time it takes depends on capacity. 16 gigs around 1.5 hours. 32 gigs twice that amount of time.
figured out it need reboot after 1st install

already did test, default xmp profiel
testmem5 extreme anta77, result 3 errors
hci 400% , result no error

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
figured out it need reboot after 1st install

already did test, default xmp profiel
testmem5 extreme anta77, result 3 errors
hci 400% , result no error

So XMP isn't stable.
HCI Memtest 400% catches something like 95% of RAM errors. So there is that.
RAM is in slots 2 and 4, right? Fast Boot is off?

Have you tried giving RAM 1.37-1.38 volts? DRAM/vDIMM voltage in BIOS.
I am guessing it is old Micron Rev B. Current days Rev. B is in Crucial Ballistix sticks and those do 3600 Mhz 16-18-18. Second best IC you can get, really.
It is weird that it doesn't work for you. I had poor Hynix AFR (Corsair Vengeance) That did same timings as you have and tighter secondaries, except for tRFC ( That was in the 500s) @ 3000 Mhz on Ryzen 1700. Considering your tRFC Autos to 390 suggest you can run very tight tRFC.

I was reading about your mobo. Says 3200 Mhz is highest OC for RAM. Doesn't have to mean anything, really. My Asus X470 Prime-Pro lists 3433 Mhz as highest, yet I run 3800 Mhz daily. I have had it at up to 4400 Mhz, when I was testing max frequency. Of course I have it paired with a Ryzen 5600X so those high RAM speeds are possible, just not feasible going over 3800 Mhz.
Ryzen 3600 should be able to hit 3600 Mhz RAM.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2021
So XMP isn't stable.
HCI Memtest 400% catches something like 95% of RAM errors. So there is that.
RAM is in slots 2 and 4, right? Fast Boot is off?

Have you tried giving RAM 1.37-1.38 volts? DRAM/vDIMM voltage in BIOS.
I am guessing it is old Micron Rev B. Current days Rev. B is in Crucial Ballistix sticks and those do 3600 Mhz 16-18-18. Second best IC you can get, really.
It is weird that it doesn't work for you. I had poor Hynix AFR (Corsair Vengeance) That did same timings as you have and tighter secondaries, except for tRFC ( That was in the 500s) @ 3000 Mhz on Ryzen 1700. Considering your tRFC Autos to 390 suggest you can run very tight tRFC.

I was reading about your mobo. Says 3200 Mhz is highest OC for RAM. Doesn't have to mean anything, really. My Asus X470 Prime-Pro lists 3433 Mhz as highest, yet I run 3800 Mhz daily. I have had it at up to 4400 Mhz, when I was testing max frequency. Of course I have it paired with a Ryzen 5600X so those high RAM speeds are possible, just not feasible going over 3800 Mhz.
Ryzen 3600 should be able to hit 3600 Mhz RAM.

i was once pumping ram volt to 1.4 , it also error in memtest86, so it must be the timing
fast boot enable, anything to do with this?

i just want the RAM to run stable at specified speed which is 3000, if i can achieve higher , it will become bonus later

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
i was once pumping ram volt to 1.4 , it also error in memtest86, so it must be the timing
fast boot enable, anything to do with this?

i just want the RAM to run stable at specified speed which is 3000, if i can achieve higher , it will become bonus later
RAM wont train (get correct values) if Fast Boot is on. Mobo sets some hidden values too that we have no access to.

Oct 4, 2021
It looks loose, except for tRFC. Have you tried raising it? To 440 (300ns) or 462 (315 ns). Default on Micron tends to be 350 ns => tRFC 513. But it can run tighter, usually.
390 is like 266 ns. Some Micron can probably do that but the bargain bin variant you have? Doubt it.

wow , i just set tRFC to 440 as u said , and it finish the test with no error
should i care about tRFC2 and tRFC4?

What can i do next to improve performance?

Thanks

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
wow , i just set tRFC to 440 as u said , and it finish the test with no error
should i care about tRFC2 and tRFC4?

What can i do next to improve performance?

Thanks

View: https://imgur.com/a/QzRfAOQ

Try the red numbers. No guarantees it will work but high chance.
Leave tRFC2 and 4 on Auto.

It is very weird if the mobo sets a too tight tRFC. First time I have come across it, usually it is some supersafe value.