Solution
I would then, indeed, skip the RGB 700 watt in favor of the 750 watt PSU.

You do not need the pretty colors and an "extra" 50 watts may make a difference at some threshold level of power demand.

Read the PSU User Guide/Manual/Installation instructions very carefully and be sure to use the connectors that come with the PSU. Read the motherboard's User Guide/Manual as well.

Plan out the connections between PSU and motherboard to ensure that all connections are as they should be. Do not mix and match in connectors from other PSUs.

Also be sure to register the PSU and ensure that there is a warranty in place.

Last note: If you have options regarding the PSU's seller or vendor check them out beforehand.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about your question per se....

The difference is the wattage that the PSU can provide both consistently and steadily.

That wattage being either 700 watts or 750 watts. Go with 750 - no harm in having some extra wattage available immediate and future growth.

Skip the pretty colors as a "requirement".

Never let form get in the way of function.

Just my thoughts on the matter.....

Reactions: facgamer02
Aug 31, 2020
Not sure about your question per se....

The difference is the wattage that the PSU can provide both consistently and steadily.

That wattage being either 700 watts or 750 watts. Go with 750 - no harm in having some extra wattage available immediate and future growth.

Skip the pretty colors as a "requirement".

Never let form get in the way of function.

Just my thoughts on the matter.....
Thanks for helping!
But what about protections, build quality, etc between this psus?

Ralston18

Titan
Fair question.

We could spend a great deal of time on the topic of PSU's.

Overall, start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

To be fully fair look for other PSU reviews especially any that include potential PSUs that you are considering.

Also read the applicable PSU User Guides/Manuals. Visit Manufacturer's websites to read FAQs and Forums (if any).

Look for both what is said and what is not said.

Aug 31, 2020
Fair question.

We could spend a great deal of time on the topic of PSU's.

Overall, start here:

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

To be fully fair look for other PSU reviews especially any that include potential PSUs that you are considering.

Also read the applicable PSU User Guides/Manuals. Visit Manufacturer's websites to read FAQs and Forums (if any).

Look for both what is said and what is not said.
The problem is that I´m from argentina and there are almost no PSUs in the country. I only have this two options but I could not find any good reviews of any of them!

Ralston18

Titan
I would then, indeed, skip the RGB 700 watt in favor of the 750 watt PSU.

You do not need the pretty colors and an "extra" 50 watts may make a difference at some threshold level of power demand.

Read the PSU User Guide/Manual/Installation instructions very carefully and be sure to use the connectors that come with the PSU. Read the motherboard's User Guide/Manual as well.

Plan out the connections between PSU and motherboard to ensure that all connections are as they should be. Do not mix and match in connectors from other PSUs.

Also be sure to register the PSU and ensure that there is a warranty in place.

Last note: If you have options regarding the PSU's seller or vendor check them out beforehand.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS