Question Download speeds do not go over 500kb/s

May 26, 2021
Ive used speedtest.net and googles built in speed test, and while speedtest.net gives me ~350mbps, googles built in test only shows around 24mbps. Iether way, ive tested download speeds on multiple file storage websites such as Mega.nz, letsupload.io, and anonfiles.com. In these cases, my download speed never goes above 500KB/s. Except when downloading from google drive or Steam, in which case the downloads are what they should be.

I have a wired connection and only me and my father are using the internet at any given time.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

May 26, 2021
If your isp has a speed test site, I would use that and if it's not up to par, get in touch with them. For reference, I use fast.com and dslreports.com/speedtest as I have found them to the best across different isps.

looked up my ISP's speed test and they use an Ookla speedtest plug in. I used it, and it gave me 110mbps, and i also used fast.com, and it gave me 140mbps

Memphisto

Honorable
May 6, 2017
Mega.nz, letsupload.io, and anonfiles.com and sites like these often set the max download speed for FREE users to 500 kb/s
That could be why your download is only that.

read on their homepage if there is any limitations to free users.

Mem