Oddls5

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
I've been on dual monitors for a long time. Finally decided to upgrade/build a new pc and upgrade 1 monitor to 4k.
My old intel system could run dual 1080p 144hz monitors super smooth. As soon as I built the new system and got the new monitor (4k 60hz), it's not nearly as stable as the intel build.
I still run dual monitor, so the 1080p 144hz + 4K 60hz.

Whenever I run any game, regardless of it's age, my secondary monitor will stutter and the system will tank. As soon as I disable/unplug the secondary monitor, be it the 4k or 1080p, everything gets super smooth. I have different uses for the monitors, 1080p for shooters and 4k for every other game where high refresh rate isn't that important.
Before I got the 4k, the dual monitor stutter was less, but still noticeable.

The GPU peaks at round 70C and CPU tends to peak at 88C in games (I've reseated and reapplied thermal paste a few times). Did a fresh Win11 install when I got the Crucial P5 M.2 as I thought it would've solved the issue, but apparently not.

Any idea if it may be mismatched cpu/ram? Maybe the gpu could be the issue? Never really get over 20gb ram usage, even with chrome running in the background. I run as few apps as possible. Task manager and monitoring software (hwinfo) hasn't been able to give me answers.

If anyone can help, I'll be forever in your debt. Thanks.

System Specs:
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800X
Cooler - Corsair Hydro H100 240mm
Mobo - MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
GPU - Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge OC
RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz 32gb c16
PSU - Corsair RM850
Main drive - M.2 Crucial P5 Plus 1tb
Secondary drives- M.2 Crucial P1 1tb + SSD Western Digital 2tb
Monitor 1080P - BenQ XL2411P 1080p 144hz
Monitor 4K - BenQ EW3270U 4k 60hz
Case - Fractal Design Meshify C

Lutfij

Titan
When you built the new system, did you reinstall the OS? A lot of people come around with threads of similar nature only to find out that migrating the OS drive sans a reinstall can and will cause hiccups on the new platform. I won't say it's mismatched since your build looks balanced. Mind seeing what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at the time of writing? Where did you source the installer for your OS?

During OS install, disconnect from the www, manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, and then reconnect to the www to look for updates.

Oddls5

Honorable
Oct 17, 2016
When you built the new system, did you reinstall the OS? A lot of people come around with threads of similar nature only to find out that migrating the OS drive sans a reinstall can and will cause hiccups on the new platform. I won't say it's mismatched since your build looks balanced. Mind seeing what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard at the time of writing? Where did you source the installer for your OS?

During OS install, disconnect from the www, manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, and then reconnect to the www to look for updates.

When I got the new platform I did a fresh install. Did a fresh install when I got the new main drive as well. The only thing I didn't do was manually install drivers without network, did them after the initial setup with network connected.

Bios version is E7C91AMA.A84 released 09/24/2021. Originally purchased my OS key a few years back off Amazon. OS installer direct from Microsoft web.

Should I do a clean install and manually do drivers without network just to be safe?

TRENDING THREADS