mesa06

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
So I've got my fingers crossed....I ordered an E6600 at buy.com yesterday, while they still show a $339 price tag (on backorder, surprise surprise). I was camping the ZZF site till they shot their price up $60.

Anyone else ordering from buy.com or have gotten their proc shipped from there?

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
You make me happy!

I ordered my E6600 and my P5W DH Deluxe motherboard from buy.com on 8-5-06.

I have contacted customer support and they said they believe they will be shipping around 8-16-06.

Im surprised others haven't gone with buy.com because of the great prices, from an actual well known retailer not (shopblt.com or xpcgear.com)

Do you have aim or xfire.. I would like to keep intouch as to when we each receive our E6600's!

mesa06

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
It seems like a lot of places are getting shipments in on 8/16. I hope I got my order in soon enough to get mine shipped on that date, if they do in fact get them in then.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
we don't need them.. BUT WE WILL HAVE THEM

SO STOP CARPING
That doesn't make any sense. You don't need threads about buying C2D's, but you will have them? Are you on some sort of personal crusade to create as many pointless, useless threads as possible?

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Actually its does make sense (ex. I don't need 10 cars, BUT I HAVE THEM) and I didn't create this forum I just added to it

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Actually its does make sense (ex. I don't need 10 cars, BUT I HAVE THEM) and I didn't create this forum I just added to it
Still not making sense. You're not even reading my posts correctly. I didn't say you created this forum.

shinji3c

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
It makes sense to me. I'm still looking for any e-tailer who sells conroe and many people are still looking just like me. If someone bought one, the info would be helpful to others. I don't know about you, if you have a conroe or not looking for one, but to some others, any info is appreciated.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
And if anyone checks froogle they will see besides the reputable "Falconsoft.com", Buy.com is the next cheapset etailer selling the E6600.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Okay..

This thread makes sense then because it is providing information on the BEST etailer offering C2D and all the other threads are a waste

mesa06

Distinguished
May 27, 2006
Thanks for all the helpful info you've given Gary, I will ask froogle.com about their order status with buy.com. You've missed the point of my original post about seeing what other people have to say about their order status from there. Everyone is now dumber from reading your useless respones.

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
There are a hundred threads exactly like this one, with people talking about the exact same thing. All you have to do is ask in one of those threads. Way to be a useless douche.

jpucks77

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Im surprised others haven't gone with buy.com because of the great prices, from an actual well known retailer not (shopblt.com or xpcgear.com)

Didn't buy a processor, but just ordered a 550 Watt Antec Neopower PSU from Buy.com for $109.99. No tax, no shipping charges. They had it here in three days and free shipping. I didn't want to wait though, so right after I placed the order I went to my local Best Buy, paid over $170 after taxes for the same exact product. That's quite a difference in price. Then when my Buy.com PSU came three days later, brought that to Best Buy and got my money back.

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
I did the same thing, ordered an e6600 and p5w dh from buy.com. I did this before things showed up on newegg and before this recent surge of availabililty at increased prices, when I ordered everything wasn't marked up very much yet but it was all out of stock everywhere I looked.

My order still shows up as "processing", I really hope that I have a place earlier in the line because I imagine a bunch more people ordered from them after they saw newegg's prices. I just hope that they reserved my spot in the queue, it would suck if I didn't get in line until after I am finished "processing". I sent them an email to make sure my billing is going through and I am in the line as early as possible to get one, but I worry, they havent replied yet and I hesitate to call them on the phone about this.

How long did it take your order to go through "processing"? I ordered around 3 PM (USA Eastern) on the 7th and it still shows as processing, I also ordered other things from newegg and zipzoomfly on that same day which are all in the mail right now. What I wonder is if "Processing" means they are having trouble with my billing, or that they are waiting on more stock before they bill me.

How does buy.com handle all this, has anyone gotten a core 2 from buy.com yet? This "processing" thing has me pretty concerned and I would really like to have an operational computer this month if at all posible.

floge03

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Yup. Same thing happened to me and I was quite concerned.

I ordered mine on the 5th and it didn't reach the "warehouse" stage until 3 days later. It takes time, be patient.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Gary,

I have been flamed for creating new threads on a repeated topic, but IMHO when browsing for a new topic multiple threads can help someone trying to find info. It certainly has helped me. When I am browsing and see a thread that is repeated (that I already know the answer to) I just keep browsing and ignore it. So, I DO know how annoying it is to see the same topic repeated over and over, and please do not take offense to this because you have been very helpful to me with my posts, but why not just ignore the repeated thread? That's what I do.
:wink:

UnWorldly

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
Sweet, I just got my status updated to "Sent to Warehouse". So I gues I'm in the queue now, I sure hope it is ahead of all the people that went to buy.com after newegg's price hike. I hope every person takes as long to process as mine did then I would be ahead of that rush. I Guess all I can do now is wait and stare at all my other parts as they come in. I am building an audio workstation, I have been wanting this for a very long time, it is so exciting to finally get one! Should be really powerful and quiet, fanless 7600gt, e6600, p150 case, no chipset fans, guess I should look at a quieter cooler for the thing too, but that will be later, the stock cooler might be fine for me for a little while.

What is the quietest (dry) cooler for the core2(no overclocking)? I just need a balance beween size and price, and I need to keep some kind of airflow going for the heatsinks on the mobo. The p150 might not have very much room in it, else I would not hesitate and just buy a ninja.

Now I gotta save up $500 for some studio monitors, my summer money sure dissapated fast!

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Because it's just simply not needed. It clutters up the forum and it's just one of those things that annoys me.

So why not just ignore the repeated thread...that's what I do.

Repeated thread...repeated thread...repeated thread...

If Pete and Repeat are in a boat and Pete jumps out, who's left?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry...it's a slow day in the pharmacy and I'm bored...Kinda scary what your pharmacist does that you don't know about when he's NOT filling prescriptions :wink: )