EA Ditching Plans for PC Version of Dead Space 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Eh, what do you expect? With statistics clearly showing there are more PC games pirated over Xbox/Ps3 (ps3 is nearly impossible) They would be losing money or making minimal amounts selling to the PC.

Halarious how it works, a lot of PC gamers pirate, then complain later that they're not making games for the PC as much as they used too. Sadly, we all pay for those who sit and pirate, then spend the day defending themselves saying "It isn't because of us that they're losing sales" or even the whole "We should get it for free" BS.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]AMW1011[/nom]It sucks, but at least I can play it on my xbox.[/citation]
Micro-Sponge gets enough of my money already without my buying an x-box piece of crap and subscribing to its service for "old-gen" technology.

No thanks.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
The PC is only one part of the EA picture. I used to play EA titles on Commodore64, Apple IIe and even Amiga back in the 80's. Dumping PC for the next generation of hot gaming platforms isn't a surprise to me. This is just the standard MO for EA and corporations in general. Look at all the other companies that started here and then dumped us to hire cheaper people elsewhere. There will always be someone making games for PC, we'll play those games.

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I bought Dead Space originally for the PC, but I couldn't get the hang of the controls and kept "flipping around." I bought the Xbox360 version and the gameplay is so much easier.

Some games I prefer on the PC (Dragon Age, Left for Dead 2, Bioshock), but some games just play better on the console, IMO.

Hilarion

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]The PC is only one part of the EA picture. I used to play EA titles on Commodore64, Apple IIe and even Amiga back in the 80's. Dumping PC for the next generation of hot gaming platforms isn't a surprise to me. This is just the standard MO for EA and corporations in general. Look at all the other companies that started here and then dumped us to hire cheaper people elsewhere. There will always be someone making games for PC, we'll play those games.[/citation]
The problem with this statement is that there is no "next generation of hot gaming platforms" out there. The PC is still king for "real" gaming.

crinzema

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
The battlefield series is coming back to the pc because the pc community made that game for what it was and it was and costly error to leave the pc market out. The Dead space community i guess is expendable.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
With the PS3 being almost impossible to play pirated games on, you'd think sales would be going through the roof (for Sony), or developers would be giving the PS3 praise for it. I'm a PC only gamer myself, but I found this weird.

hpak

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]Arglebargle[/nom]I bought Dead Space originally for the PC, but I couldn't get the hang of the controls and kept "flipping around." I bought the Xbox360 version and the gameplay is so much easier.Some games I prefer on the PC (Dragon Age, Left for Dead 2, Bioshock), but some games just play better on the console, IMO.[/citation]

There's a quick fix for that. Hook up your xbox 360 controller to your PC and map the buttons. Voila....done. The only advantage, and it's a poor example, of a console being a better experience in play is if you have an underrated video card.... other than that how can you say play on any console is better than on a PC?

firemage

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
Honestly i stopped buying any game EA touched back around the time RA2 came out, Hell when i heard that EA bought bioware, as much as i love star wars and respect bioware's work, i likely won't consider TOR due to the EA taint.

I'll stick to companies like Stardock who seem to honestly care about the PC as a game platform, not to mention as a Michigan resident it is nice to support a local company. (well who's name isn't Ford at least)

So EA is just saying they don't want money, the PC-platform is better without them.

-G

ncr7002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
People with busy schedules do appreciate how much simpler it is to play on a console. The idea of installing new drivers, installing games, dealing with bugs, directX, not to mention video card cooling, crazy PSUs that require crazy UPSs... it's just too complicated for me. The xbox360 is great, just pop the disc in and have fun.

Before HDTV consoles were really crap compared to a PC on a decent monitor, but when you have to compare 1080p even if it is scaled vs 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 on a PC and you weigh in all the issues listed above, I just have to favor the 360, hands down.

Take Mass Effect for example, lots of bugs on the PC version, I only realized this a short while ago, I played the xbox360 version when it came out 2 years ago and never had the game crash or reboot the system, something that appears to still be an issue with 8800 nvidia cards.

I do like the PC better for some games, RTS types probably, but that is only due to the lack of keyboard/mouse support on the console, if I had it on the xbox360 I might play them there too.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
"Dumping PC for the next generation of hot gaming platforms isn't a surprise to me."

What a joke, PC still offer the only platform where you can bump up graphics ect to insane levels and still maintain a respectable framerate (2560x1600 4xaa here). Its also the only platform compared to consoles that don't need crap like auto-aim to even remotely emulate real controls. In my book auto-aim and skills aren't synonyms. Consoles are poormans gaming machines - Period. Great for casual wannabe gamers thoo =)

To me the lost if it can even be called that is of no consequence, the first got ruined by consolized controls. Just shame the Xbox keeps back true development of the PC platform since few companies care to make other than DX9 games (too many with poor controls as well) due to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.