Right now I have a cat5e cable along with a factory modem and router, and my internet speeds are around 180mbit/s down and 10mbit/s upload.

Would geting a cat6 or even cat7 cable improve these speeds? Would the factory modem/router be the limiting factor here? Or is it just the isp (COX, in this case)?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Right now I have a cat5e cable along with a factory modem and router, and my internet speeds are around 180mbit/s down and 10mbit/s upload.

Would geting a cat6 or even cat7 cable improve these speeds? Would the factory modem/router be the limiting factor here? Or is it just the isp (COX, in this case)?

Thanks in advance.
Given a fully functioning Cat5e cable, changing that gives you exactly zero speed change.

What speed do you pay the ISP for?

USAFRet

Titan

Thanks in advance.
Given a fully functioning Cat5e cable, changing that gives you exactly zero speed change.

What speed do you pay the ISP for?

Solution