Question Everyone is able to hear my sounds - even when im muting my microphone

Kamisama11

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hey there guys,

Im legitimately at the end of my robe with this issue. Went through different computers, and headset. However I always have the same issue. Everyone can hear my sound on Discord, even when my headset is muted. I've gotten it to work a couple times, not sure how but it resets itself next time im not Discord. I've looked through threads both new and old and I haven't been able to get rid of the issue.

Things i've tried so far: Making sure to check for stereo mix being disabled, putting the settings on in VoizReal EXP, reset my Discord settings (set devices to default), disabled every other device under sound etc.

I have posted some pictures which hopefully helps in some way otherwise feel free to ask for anything. I really want this fixed. The images are in Danish though, but I think you get the gist of the settings.

UNSURE if related - Asus MG248 (built in speakers) dont think it has a microphone. Motherboard is Asus prime z370-p II

View: https://imgur.com/a/TrPw4dO

Kamisama11

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Seems that you haven't actually muted the mic. You have only prevented the mic from sending audio along to the speakers - in other words: it's the speakers output mixer that you made turn down volume from the mic, not the mic itself.

I am a bit unsure as to what you mean honestly as I am not that tech savvy. The place I mute is on my headset so they can't hear my voice but my sounds goes through. Can you elaborate on how to looking into this?

Kamisama11

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015