Aug 15, 2019
Hey Guys,
I have a question. I have checked many forum posts but none seem to fix my problem.
I have an Lenovo legion Y520 gaming laptop (Intel I7, Nvidia 1060). I like to play rocket league and fortnite. However, say I play rocket league, it will be fine for 45-60 minutes, then after that it will just go down to 1-5 fps. Legit 1 fps, unplayable. If I try to go to another game it will also be this low fps. I don't know how long it take but if I come back an hour later it will be fine. My laptop is brand new (2 weeks old), but I did fully reset it once.

Please share anything you know, I'm desperate. Thanks.

-Somer

Solution
Possibly cpu temps reaching eventual throttle stage and if this is happening after awhile the cpu speed and voltage drops to help itself cool down.

There are monitoring software to watch for this. HWinfo64 or Realtemp.

There are cooling pads for laptops if your laptop cpu is overheating.

Might want to give it a blow out as well and never block the vents with carpet or blanket.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Possibly cpu temps reaching eventual throttle stage and if this is happening after awhile the cpu speed and voltage drops to help itself cool down.

There are monitoring software to watch for this. HWinfo64 or Realtemp.

There are cooling pads for laptops if your laptop cpu is overheating.

Might want to give it a blow out as well and never block the vents with carpet or blanket.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS