Solution
I do not know your budget, but 3600 speed would be better.
Ryzen performance is tightly tied to ram performance.
Ryzen operates in faster dual channel mode. That means a 2 or 4 stick kit.

Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you anticipate needing 64gb, I urge you to buy it up front.
Adding ram later might not work.
Then, what is your plan B ??

Also...
I do not know your budget, but 3600 speed would be better.
Ryzen performance is tightly tied to ram performance.
Ryzen operates in faster dual channel mode. That means a 2 or 4 stick kit.

Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, particularly ryzen, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.

If you anticipate needing 64gb, I urge you to buy it up front.
Adding ram later might not work.
Then, what is your plan B ??

Also, take the time to insure ram compatibility with your motherboard.

You want documented ram compatibility. If you should ever have a problem, you want supported ram.
Otherwise, you risk a finger pointing battle between the ram and motherboard support sites, claiming "not my problem".
One place to check is your motherboards web site.
Look for the ram QVL list. It lists all of the ram kits that have been tested with that particular motherboard.
Sometimes the QVL list is not updated after the motherboard is released.
For more current info, go to a ram vendor's web site and access their ram selection configurator.
Enter your motherboard, and you will get a list of compatible ram kits.

Lastly, ssd prices are down. Look to see if you could use a single 2tb ssd device.
Ditch the HDD. A HDD is better used as a sequential backup device.

Even a sata 2.5" unit.
Intel 660/665P m.2 pcie is a relatively inexpensive option.
Samsung 970 EVO is one of the better performers

FWIW:
MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a #2 magnetic tip philips screwdriver.
I find it handy to buy a power switch like this for testing.
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168121..._switch-_-12-119-009-_-Product&quicklink=true
1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functionality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
  1. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
  2. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
  3. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
  4. Install windows.
  5. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
  1. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft defender is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
  2. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
As a tip when screwing the motherboard into the posts, give the screw a small counterclockwise turn until you feel a click.
That lets you know that the screw will engage properly.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
  1. Update windows to currency.
  2. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
  3. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
2x 16Gb @ 3600 Cas16 is advised. It's also popular enough to resell at a decent value. So when you do decide the time is good for upgrading to 2x32Gb, sell the old ram to offset the cost.

The issue with upgrading per piece is timing compatibility. Intels use a monolithic die so cores are in direct contact with each other and surrounding support such as the memory controller. Which is part of where Intels run extremely hot with high wattage outputs. To combat the temps generated, Ryzens have split the cores up, they use 3-6 smaller dies and spread the heat out. Meaning they now need something there to facilitate communications between the various chiplets and thats Infinity Fabric. IF has to work hand in hand with ram speeds and timings, so by default gets very picky about ram, so the odds of failure are much higher with a Ryzen.

Best to use factory guaranteed tested ram in a 2 stick kit, always with 3000 series cpus. They do not like speeds over 2933MHz when 4 slots are populated. Some will do it, with luck, most won't.