Aug 15, 2018
I don’t know where to post this thread so I’m just gonna post it here sorry in advanced
I got PC parts for Christmas and well I got a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G but of course my dumb self got the wrong motherboard after specifically reading that these motherboards aren’t compatible wih Raven-Ridge CPU’s (MSI B350M Gaming Pro) so I was wondering if there’s any way I could flash the BIOS via USB without actually having to enter the BIOS manually and telling it what drive to boot from, (I think that’s how it works and I feel really dumb for asking this sorta question btw) or should I just go with the boot kit AMD provides for you

So there’s no way I can update the BIOS via USB, I have to either contact AMD to get the boot kit or just sell this motherboard and buy a B450?
Have you actually tried to boot the system? some boards did ship 'ryzen 2000 ready' and would boot a 2200g. If you have everything and haven't, it's worth the try.

If not: get the boot kit or the re-sell/buy new are both options. Also 'borrowing' an appropriate processor from a friend. Your choice which is more distasteful.

MSI's B350 boards don't have the 'BIOS Flashback' feature they put on many of their B450 boards.

Also check AMD's web site:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Aug 15, 2018
Have you actually tried to boot the system? some boards did ship 'ryzen 2000 ready' and would boot a 2200g. If you have everything and haven't, it's worth the try.

If not: get the boot kit or the re-sell/buy new are both options. Also 'borrowing' an appropriate processor from a friend. Your choice which is more distasteful.

MSI's B350 boards don't have the 'BIOS Flashback' feature they put on many of their B450 boards.

Also check AMD's web site:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
Yes I have tried I even got a new power supply because my dad’s friend thought that was the problem but I guess I should’ve just gotten a B450 board in the first place lol. Thanks for the help guys I’ll see if I can get the B450 board instead of trying the boot kit because I heard you have to do a lot of stuff just to get approved for one