Question FPS dropping when gaming and watching video.

Jan 22, 2021
When i play a game and watch a YouTube video or a Twitch stream at the same time my fps drops by 10-20 fps.
I haven't tried too many games but in RDR2, COD Cold War, BF1 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 the fps drops.
I understand that there might be some performance loss but it feels like a lot with this new setup.

Pbo in bios set to Auto
GPU Undervolted to 1875 MHz

I have tried turning on and off hardware acceleration.
I have tried Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge and the Twitch app.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
GPU: Zotac AMP Holo RTX 3080
RAM: 32GB 3600MHz
PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX 850W
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE

Thanks
:)

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
When you run your game on unhinged frames, then that will for sure happen. Just cap them at 200fps

Don't undervolt your GPU. Just let it be on Auto. Those had been ran for hundreds of hours on stressed before finalizing the design, manufacturing, and distribution. Just set everything at auto.

With the CPU, I suggest using these PBO's variables: PPT=395, TDC=255, EDC=230. These are max limits that can boost your performance without the chip getting too hot.

I play all those games as well while watching streams or YT videos. 3950X, 1080Ti Hybrid

Jan 22, 2021
When you run your game on unhinged frames, then that will for sure happen. Just cap them at 200fps

Don't undervolt your GPU. Just let it be on Auto. Those had been ran for hundreds of hours on stressed before finalizing the design, manufacturing, and distribution. Just set everything at auto.

With the CPU, I suggest using these PBO's variables: PPT=395, TDC=255, EDC=230. These are max limits that can boost your performance without the chip getting too hot.

I play all those games as well while watching streams or YT videos. 3950X, 1080Ti Hybrid

Turning off overvolt don't help but i will keep it off for a while and see.
PPT, TDC and EDC never maxes out while gaming so will that do something?

Basically soon as i turn on an video or stream the game drops 10-20 fps.
I can turn it off and the fps goes back up and the reverse, it's quite consistent.
It doesn't matter what quality i watch something at, it still drops the same amount.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Turning off overvolt don't help but i will keep it off for a while and see.
PPT, TDC and EDC never maxes out while gaming so will that do something?

Basically soon as i turn on an video or stream the game drops 10-20 fps.
I can turn it off and the fps goes back up and the reverse, it's quite consistent.
It doesn't matter what quality i watch something at, it still drops the same amount.
Are the browsers and game installed in the same drive by any chance? If not, then I'm not sure why you're losing a good chunk of FPS.

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration on the browser?

Jan 22, 2021
Are the browsers and game installed in the same drive by any chance? If not, then I'm not sure why you're losing a good chunk of FPS.

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration on the browser?

I have the browser and the games on the same drive but have also tested opera on a separate disk.
I have also tried with hardware acceleration on and off.