PC SPEC
RYZEN 9 5900X
RTX 3080 FE
ASUS PRIME PRO X570
OLOY 32GB 3200MHZ
SAMSUNG 980 EVO
850W SEGOTEP PSU
-------------------------------------
I built the PC around christmas time cause I was in need of an upgrade and so I thought these specs were quite the upgrade since my previous build. It was working flawlessly until abt a week or 2 ago, im now experiencing fps drops in every game and even in the Heaven Benchmark (GPU Benchmark) so I thought 2 things immediately. A, it was the power supply or B, it was the Graphics Card itself Ive replaced both and the issue still persists. Ive done every tweak to windows / my graphics card the temps are fine ive undervolted, overclocked, optimized windows 11, rolled back to windows 10, reset CMOS, re applied thermal to my CPU JUST IN CASE that couldve been the problem I just dont know what to do anymore. So if anyone is willing to help me try and fix the issue id appreciate it.
-------------------------------------

video proof: https://streamable.com/9xzbz8

Last edited:

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
You should ask others before "throwing parts" (buying parts to solve a problem and finding they don't solve the problem).

I have 0 idea. How about naming the game and how many FPS are dropped? or the benchmark expected and the benchmark seen? I have no idea if I would be troubleshooting 5fps or 60fps drop: and it'd help to know.

I can only ask if you checked your win10 logs for hardware messages, like "SDA2 scsci controller connecting at 1.5 Gb/s" (ie, 6G/s expected) (message repeated 100 times)

I also have to ask / remind you of a damaged HDMI cable ($$$ expensive - don't buy one unless you must) can cause 4K to turn into 2K, 90fps to turn to 60fps, and so on. Even check your TV (or your led monitor) settings.

Feb 11, 2023
I apologize youre right i shouldve provided more info, I did provide a clip showing the fps drop im experiencing so that concludes that, its Fortnite and FPS will drop from 240 constant to 160 and below, it occurs when i look around, I just assumed it was power related or gpu related so those are the first things i tried replacing which in return neither seemed to fix the issue. I can get a new display port cable and test that to eliminate another cause of the fps drops. My next course of action was to replace the motherboard im trying to eliminate hardware causes because of how many things ive tried.

EDIT:
also things to note, im running rtx 3080 at stock, and ryzen 9 5900x is running at stock as well, xmp is enabled for ram running at 3200mhz

That video looks pretty normal to me. Your FPS will go down when you look around, as the game is rendering new images. The game will only render what you are looking at directly, so when you turn rapidly, the FPS will drop as the card loads in the "new" renders. As long as it doesn't stutter or skip, then I would say there is nothing wrong. The fact that the FPS recovers almost instantly proves my point, it is just normal load being applied. Because you are running at such high FPS, the variance is more noticeable, but it will happen with any PC. Depending on how bad your old system was, you may have dropped from 40 to 30 FPS, which is a less noticeable (by numbers) change, but is the same thing.