Question FPS drops/stutters in Rocket League only.

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
About a month or 2 ago, I started having severe frame drops on Rocket League, but every other game I play runs perfectly smooth. I cap my FPS at 144 on RL, and when the stutter happens, it ALWAYS drops to around 27 FPS, causing a half second freeze which completely ruins the game and makes it impossible to play at a high level. I've noticed that it usually only happens during online games, i don't really get the same stuttering issue in training or private matches alone, but as soon as I invite someone to the private match, the stuttering starts. I've tried countless things, too many to even list, and cannot find a solution.

Here is a video of the in-game performance graph: https://streamable.com/omn6v

Specs: 1070 ti, Ryzen 5 2600x, 16gb DDR4 ram

WildCard999

Titan
Herald
Are you connected via eithernet cable? If so go to your motherboards manufacturers website and download/install the latest LAN driver. If wifi get the newest wifi driver.

Is your 2600X overclocked?
Memory speed?

Last edited:

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Are you connected via eithernet cable? If so go to your motherboards manufacturers website and download/install the latest LAN driver. If wifi get the newest wifi driver.

Is your 2600X overclocked?
Memory speed?
Have the latest driver, my cpu isn't overclocked, but AMD's turbo boost is turned on. Memory speed is 2933MHz

finnvandermeer

Prominent
Mar 31, 2017
Reinstall the game fully, try using internet trough cable. If you try lots of things, you'll eventually find the reason. Maybe a full clean install of windows could take care of it, but i understand that might not be worth it.

Skyful

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
Reinstall the game fully, try using internet trough cable. If you try lots of things, you'll eventually find the reason. Maybe a full clean install of windows could take care of it, but i understand that might not be worth it.
I've tried reinstalling on both my HDD and SDD and neither show any signs of improvement, also have already reinstalled windows :/

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS