Question FPS stutters but only within a specific range of 120-180 FPS ?

Oct 27, 2024
I recently got a 1440p 480hz monitor and I realized that some of my games are not running smooth despite high fps counters. I opened up MSI afterburner with the frametime graph and saw a cyclic stutter that would occur 2-3 times per second. The weird part was that the stutter only existed for some of my games (Cs2, Deadlock, Apex). Meanwhile other games like Valorant and Rocket league were running at 480fps just fine.

I ran the Nvidia pendulum demo today and noticed that
the only times I experience stutters is when the FPS counter is around 150-220FPS.
Whenever I adjust the Pendulum demo to run above or below that range, the stutter disappears.

I then proceeded to run every game and wrote down the FPS counters.

1) CS2 - 240 FPS - Major Stutter
2) Apex - 250 FPS - Major Stutter
3) Deadlock (In Game) - 220 FPS - Major Stutter
4) Deadlock (Practice Range) - 300 FPS - No Stutter
5) Rocket League - 480+ FPS - No Stutter
6) Valorant - 480+ FPS - No stutter
7) Detroit Become Human - 140 FPS Capped - No Stutter
8) Detroit Become Human - 240 FPS Capped - Major Stutter

I've come to the conclusion that every game that hovers around the 180-250 FPS range is experiencing a cyclic stutter that is caused either by my GPU or by G-Sync not working properly. Any game that runs above or below and does not reach that range is not impacted by the stutter.

Valorant and Rocket League are always running around 300-500 FPS so that is why I never notice any stutter. I use a secondary monitor in my setup which is 1440p 144hz. I've tried all variations of V-Sync and G-sync and the problem persists. And I have tried deleting and reinstalling my Nvidia drivers with DDU.

Monitor 1 - Inzone M10S, 1440P 480HZ
Monitor 2 - LG 27GL850, 1440P 144HZ
GPU - RTX 4080
CPU - 13700K

This issue has completely ruined my gaming experience. I have been troubleshooting for a week straight with no result. I have attached an imgur link with all the necessary photos that explains my issue.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ab9Qzzo

I'm at a complete loss :( Any Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Oct 8, 2024
inadequate RAM, overheating machines, CPU bottleneck, and uncomplying software. Frame stuttering occurs when the GPU misses its mark and processes the frame too slowly.

Oct 27, 2024
inadequate RAM, overheating machines, CPU bottleneck, and uncomplying software. Frame stuttering occurs when the GPU misses its mark and processes the frame too slowly.
Thank you for taking time to help. The stuttering only occurs between 150-200FPS and not below or above that range. If there was an issue with bottlenecks or temps wouldn’t the stuttering occur at every range or at least above the range? Even within certain applications there is stuttering only at 180FPS and not above that. Also I have posted pictures within the Imgur link to show my temps and from what I can see everything looks normal.