May 21, 2022
fixing up an older motherboard for a friend, they did some "tinkering" and now I'm trying to boot it up again but I get no post. The system turns on but there is no video output.

specs
i5 4460s
gtx 680
2x8gb ddr3 hyperx fury
500w powerspec PSU

I have already tried shorting the bios reset pins, changing ram configurations, as well as testing it with a different power supply. The video card also doesnt seem to be the isse as it works fine on another rig. The integretad graphics also dont seem to work. I'm leaning towards it being a BIOS issue, but I don't have any knowledge on how to reset/update the bios, besides shorting the two pins on the mobo. lmk if theres anything else I could try.

fixing up an older motherboard for a friend, they did some "tinkering" and now I'm trying to boot it up again but I get no post. The system turns on but there is no video output.

specs
i5 4460s
gtx 680
2x8gb ddr3 hyperx fury
500w powerspec PSU

I have already tried shorting the bios reset pins, changing ram configurations, as well as testing it with a different power supply. The video card also doesnt seem to be the isse as it works fine on another rig. The integretad graphics also dont seem to work. I'm leaning towards it being a BIOS issue, but I don't have any knowledge on how to reset/update the bios, besides shorting the two pins on the mobo. lmk if theres anything else I could try.
Just to make it smaller.
Remove the gpu and connect to the igp.
Use one stick of ram in the proper slot.
If no help swap ram sticks.
If no help remove the bios bat and get a number off it....set it aside.
Go to the store and buy a new bat.
When you come back press and hold the power button for 15 secs.
Install the new bat.
Test.

May 21, 2022
Just to make it smaller.
Remove the gpu and connect to the igp.
Use one stick of ram in the proper slot.
If no help swap ram sticks.
If no help remove the bios bat and get a number off it....set it aside.
Go to the store and buy a new bat.
When you come back press and hold the power button for 15 secs.
Install the new bat.
Test.
I've swapped with three different sets of RAM already, and I've also swapped CMOS batteries twice, from other working motherboards, as well as brand new batteries

I've swapped with three different sets of RAM already, and I've also swapped CMOS batteries twice, from other working motherboards, as well as brand new batteries
Did you try disconnecting all of the drives to see if it boots to bios or if there's any video visible? If successful can you boot from a usb containing anything (windows installer, bios updater, linux live distro, etc.) to see if there's any response?

May 21, 2022
Did you try disconnecting all of the drives to see if it boots to bios or if there's any video visible? If successful can you boot from a usb containing anything (windows installer, bios updater, linux live distro, etc.) to see if there's any response?
No success, even tried integrated graphics