[SOLVED] Front Audio Port Not working With NZXT Case

JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016
Hello everyone!

I've run into this issue with a new case I bought. Before I continue, this is what I'm working with. GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0) (motherboard) and the NZXT H510i. The front audio port (just one that functions as both headset and mic 3.5 MM jack) is not working. Now, there was a cable for an HD audio connector and another audio connector. My friend told me he doesn't think the motherboard has an HD audio connector on it though I'm not sure if that's the case. So my question is as well, do I need that HD audio port for this to work or can it work with just a standard audio port? Am I not noticing something on the motherboard? Should it have the option? ALso the back audio ports work super well, so I know it can't be the motherboard.

Solution
Also what program are you referring to? It just took me to the main page. Though I did update the bios and downloaded the app center
Jay-dog is referring to Creative SB X-Fi driver. You have to navigate to the support page for you mobo and its under Audio drivers. There are multiple to choose from. You should review the list of drivers and decide which ones you want. If you haven't updated the Chipset driver I recommend you do that as well.

JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016
Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 Software.

Download this as its advertised by the company. This isn't related to your issue just a nice program for you.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf

As far as your issue is concerned, this board does have a HD AUDIO connector on the MB. Make sure your case connectors are properly connected.

thank you for confirming, so that's the culprit. We ended up not plugging it in because we thought it didn't have one, i'll do more research. Thanks a bunch for the link too!

JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016
Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 Software.

Download this as its advertised by the company. This isn't related to your issue just a nice program for you.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf

As far as your issue is concerned, this board does have a HD AUDIO connector on the MB. Make sure your case connectors are properly connected.

Also what program are you referring to? It just took me to the main page. Though I did update the bios and downloaded the app center

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Jay-dog is referring to Creative SB X-Fi driver. You have to navigate to the support page for you mobo and its under Audio drivers. There are multiple to choose from. You should review the list of drivers and decide which ones you want. If you haven't updated the Chipset driver I recommend you do that as well.

Solution

JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016

Awesome, thanks. The only thing I need to figure out is where is the HD connector for the audio port on the front side. We looked and looked and couldn't find it, and I've been looking at the manual. That's why we thought it just didn't have one. But I'll download that asap.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
If you are asking where is the front panel header on the motherboard then here you go.
E1YSIsU.png

This is a typical front panel harness and the connector you need to connect to the motherboard header.
mOI2CMl.png

Reactions: Phaaze88