Looking for my first LCD monitor for FS2004. Had a 17"CRT until it died.

Am I right in thinking that a low refresh rate is needed. The LCD I have my
eye on is a 17" with a refresh rate of 12.5ms.

Any recommendations, or advice on what I should be looking for, or should I
stick with CRT for FS, or are LCD's just as good these days

Only got £140 ($250) to spend

Thanks

Clive

Ace

Clive,

I've been using an LCD for FS2004 for some time now (actually two of
them) with a radeon 9700 - I can highly recommend that configuration.
Takes up much less real estate on your desk and when using two monitor
configuration works real well.

Ian
www.fstv.us

ad

On 18-Apr-2005, "Clive" <someone@nospam.com> wrote:

> Looking for my first LCD monitor for FS2004. Had a 17"CRT until it died.
>
> Am I right in thinking that a low refresh rate is needed. The LCD I have
> my
> eye on is a 17" with a refresh rate of 12.5ms.
>
> Any recommendations, or advice on what I should be looking for, or should
> stick with CRT for FS, or are LCD's just as good these days
>
> Only got £140 ($250) to spend
>
> Thanks
>
> Clive

At that price try the Medion 17 inch monitor from Aldi Supermarket.
It's very good but you may need to look hard for a branch that still has
some in stock.
You can get old style CRT monitors for pennies on ebay ; nobody wants them
now !