Question Gaming build after 2 years suddenly stop working.

Jun 11, 2022
Hi,

I tried look around on several forums and sites for advace and solutions regarding my issue but nothing worked so far.

The case:
My pc was running smoothly just finished playing a game closed the game and left pc running with open browser and i went to sleep for power nap.
About an hour later i woke up to my pc have a loud fan noise becuase all gpu fan was running on full speed for no reason.
Keyboard and mouse was unresponsive and screens was black (stand by due no signal).
i thought my pc got BSOD becuase it happened before how after windows update pc got BSOD.
So i did 10 second power button (cold shutdown).
Powered pc again. Keyboard blink for a split second no light after that mouse same no light after that. Fans on GPU goas full speed other fans goas slow speed. No screen. No POST No Bios.
MOBO has Q-core leds for POST and they not even blink up like it usually did for testing nor solid light only power and rgb lights are on.
Did reseating of parts and also separet testing of components and nothing has changed also mother board not shows error with q-leds nor beeping codes. Even if i leave out component on purpose.
Also CMOS reset happened with same result.

Build:

INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60GHz 1151 300 BOX
ASUS DUAL-RTX2080-O8G GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 OC Edition PCIE
HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT HX432C16PB3K2/32
SAMSUNG 500GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe M.2 2280 MZ-V7S500BW
SEAGATE BarraCuda 2TB 3.5" 7200rpm 256MB SATA3 ST2000DM008
NZXT H500
BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 4
FSP Hyper M 700
ASUS PRIME Z390-A

System was running perfectly for 2-2,5 years.
Only recent changes regarding to pc was is turning TPM on in BIOS and made update from win 10 to win 11 which went through with out errors.
Any idea or exact solution?
Sadly i got no spare parts for testing atm.

Thanks in advance for reading through my issue.

Remove GPU altogether(connect monitor instead to onboard video output from mainboard), disconnect both cables from spinning drive, and drop back to one RAM stick, and test again for at least a POST.

If still no luck, most would want to try a known good PSU (NOTE: if you do change PSU, do NOT mix old modular cables from old PSU with new one...ever)

Jun 11, 2022
Remove GPU altogether(connect monitor instead to onboard video output from mainboard), disconnect both cables from spinning drive, and drop back to one RAM stick, and test again for at least a POST.

If still no luck, most would want to try a known good PSU (NOTE: if you do change PSU, do NOT mix old modular cables from old PSU with new one...ever)

I try borrow a test psu from some friend for testing thanks for tips.

Reactions: Vic 40

_ThunderClap_

Commendable
Oct 1, 2021
(I think)Ur gpu is overheating. Try removing it (as mentioned earlier by mdd1963). I had a similar experience when I repasked and applied new thermal pads on my gpu. The problem was that heatsink was not tight enough. Ur case is different then mine but the symptoms are the same. I donot think psu is the problem. If it was going to die then it would have done that when u were playing.

TRENDING THREADS