Oct 24, 2020
So I just got my new PC build up and running, and I decided to follow the advice of many PC experts to update the motherboard's bios. Little did I know that this was a risky process (despite numerous warning in the Gigabyte @bios software), I attempted to flash my Bios. Now, I did this, and it seemed to have worked because the PC booted and opened to my Windows 10 Pro desktop. However, I was still unsure if the Bios flash really had worked because when I opened up the Gigabyte @bios flash app, the option to flash the bios was still there. So in my endless naivete, I tried to flash my bios again. Now here's the fun part: because the bios flash was taking so much longer the second time (the mobo was illuminated and on), I got worried, and I SHUT OFF THE PSU. I now realise that that was insanely dumb :(
So now, whenever I flick the PSU switch on and off, the mobo flashes for a second, my monitor displays no input, and then nothing.

Here are the specs:
Intel i9-9900K
Patriot Viper 4400MHz Ram (2x 8GB)
850 watt Thermaltake PSU
NO GPU (Still waiting for the 3080 to be in stock)

I'm asking this wonderful community for help on how to fix this!

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I tried to reset the CMOS through the following process:
  • Turned off PSU.
  • Held the Power and Reset buttons on the case (connected to mobo).
  • Removed mobo battery.
  • Removed RAM.
  • Left for 30 minutes.
  • Put RAM back in.
  • Put mobo battery back in.
  • Powered on PSU
And the same thing happened: lights flashed on for a split second, and then remained off. The monitor turned on to display "no input," then went back to sleep.

Last edited:
Solution
The first time did you update the BIOS using the BIOS flash update IN the BIOS or did you use a Windows app to update your BIOS? BIOS update should always be done in the BIOS using a usb key with the BIOS file on it. Windows app that update your BIOS is not recommended.

If you turned your system off while the BIOS was updating the motherboard is bricked.

That board does not have a "Flash the BIOS without a CPU installed" where you could flash the bios while the system is not even turned on.

Sorry about the bad news :(
The first time did you update the BIOS using the BIOS flash update IN the BIOS or did you use a Windows app to update your BIOS? BIOS update should always be done in the BIOS using a usb key with the BIOS file on it. Windows app that update your BIOS is not recommended.

If you turned your system off while the BIOS was updating the motherboard is bricked.

That board does not have a "Flash the BIOS without a CPU installed" where you could flash the bios while the system is not even turned on.

Sorry about the bad news :(

Solution
Oct 24, 2020
Last edited: