Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
So i bought a acer predator helios 300 , gtx 1050 ti 4gb model , core i5 8th gen and it was running really good. But now days my while gaming session there are sudden fps drops of 2-3s consistently coming after 3-4 min i searched on internet and found out that it was my cpu/gpu throttling (i dont know which one) so can someone suggest me solution for this problem . I would

Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
How do you know its throttling? What software did you use to determine this?
You should be running Afterburner or something similar and using the on-screen display monitor the temperatures.
I just read a similar problem on internet and people said it was throttling so just a guess , if its something else i would to know , these drops are really are a pain in the @$$

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
What full load temps are you seeing in HWiNFO64?

I would run the Prime95 “Blend” test for about 15 minutes while watching your temps.

If they go over 85 C, then stop the app immediately.

Then get back to us with your max full load temperature from HWiNFO64.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
https://drive.google.com/file/d/196ic70JB4GLyDAn7YlzU8mNVVlYSsfWS/view?usp=drivesdk
I closed the app when the temp got above 85 like you said , and took these so...
Cpu cooler likely isn't properly mounted. Remove cooler and old thermal paste(a cotton swab or disposable soft cloth dipped in some alcohol is fine - dont use paper!), apply new paste(about the size of a small pea), and remount cooler - if this is the Intel stock cooler, make sure you hear each pin CLICK.

Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
Cpu cooler likely isn't properly mounted. Remove cooler and old thermal paste(a cotton swab or disposable soft cloth dipped in some alcohol is fine - dont use paper!), apply new paste(about the size of a small pea), and remount cooler - if this is the Intel stock cooler, make sure you hear each pin CLICK.
Thanks for the advice but is there a alternative solution to it because i dont wanna mess it up trying it on my own

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
Those instructions are perfect... for a desktop computer. If your laptop is suffering from stuttering issues it could be a driver issue, a game issue, a Windows issue, or your CPU or GPU thermal throttling, but if it was throttling you wouldn't see the framerates drop for 3-4s then have them return to normal, they would taper off and become lower and lower until your computer isn't overheating. Download HWMonitor and report back to us with CPU temperatures as well as the CPU frequency numbers as you play a game. Also, reinstall your Nvidia drivers and complete a clean install. Nvidia drivers link

Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
Those instructions are perfect... for a desktop computer. If your laptop is suffering from stuttering issues it could be a driver issue, a game issue, a Windows issue, or your CPU or GPU thermal throttling, but if it was throttling you wouldn't see the framerates drop for 3-4s then have them return to normal, they would taper off and become lower and lower until your computer isn't overheating. Download HWMonitor and report back to us with CPU temperatures as well as the CPU frequency numbers as you play a game. Also, reinstall your Nvidia drivers and complete a clean install. Nvidia drivers link
I have posted a link with all the temperatures while running blend test . If u still want the temperatures i can run it again.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I have posted a link with all the temperatures while running blend test . If u still want the temperatures i can run it again.
Sorry, so at this point I'd suggest contacting Acer support about this, maybe exaggerate how poorly it performs in games, tell them that you've already re-installed the operating system using the recovery partition, but it still performs poorly.

Manuj_UFNF

Honorable
May 25, 2016
And my driver and stuff are also up to date , for the game it was running fine a month back but after my exams these sudden out of nowhere fps starts coming(usually around 16-21 fps which are haunting to look at )