Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I had to change my PSU some days ago to a bitfenix formula Gold 550w , the cables are a lot different of my previous corsair vs550 , so when I was building the PC again , I notice that some cable were twisted to do my best at the cable management , and the GPU cable is worrying me a bit ... maybe I am being a bit stupid of being woried about this . I know that is a bit of a mess on the back , and even on the front maybe is not the best cable mangement anyway , but my temps are not bad and I am still learing the art of cable management hahahh .
So I want to know if I should be worried about my cables or not ? especially the GPU cable .

View: https://imgur.com/a/FZ0JxPF

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
@Rui Neves

You worry too much ... the back side of my builds look tons worse than that.

Now resting a computer on a chair ... that's a bad idea ... too easy for it to fall down.
Thank you :) , but the front is the part that is worry me most right now
that ´s not on a chair , the computer is on top of a table . it looks it is on the chair because the chair was too close to the table so on the photo maybe it could look like that hahah .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
@Rui Neves

You worry too much ... the back side of my builds look tons worse than that.

Now resting a computer on a chair ... that's a bad idea ... too easy for it to fall down.
@Rui Neves

Even the front side looks fine. I have taken those cables and folded them like a towel before.

A Table ... ok ... that's better. The olive motif ... not sure about that.
Thank you ... Yeah it's a desk , about the motif ... I am Thinking about change that ... What you suggest btw ?

it touches the side panel too (on the front) , don´t have to worrie there too ? I don´t have to force the side panel to close the case anyway
As long as your not forcing the side panels, that's not bad. The copper inside the cables is quite flexible, the issues is the plastic insulation ... if you saw that starting crack then it's time to worry.

The olives do give a nice Mediterranean flare, but I have always been partial to airplanes. That and computers ... but that's kind of lame on a computer desk.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
As long as your not forcing the side panels, that's not bad. The copper inside the cables is quite flexible, the issues is the plastic insulation ... if you saw that starting crack then it's time to worry.

The olives do give a nice Mediterranean flare, but I have always been partial to airplanes. That and computers ... but that's kind of lame on a computer desk.
Yes I do not have to force the front or the back side panel to close my case , I have no way to connect that GPU cables without touchimg the side panel anyway , at least for me I can't do better . That's a big GPU .

LOL 😂 , I know but anyway I am the only one seeying the computer everyday so .... Not big deal yet .

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014

I have one more concern if you or anyone can help me here ... the cable that I pointed to is with to much tension on it or it´s just normal ?

image of the cable:

https://i.postimg.cc/L4PvdGB1/Inked20200324-233422-LI.jpg

Last edited:

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
@Rui Neves
A lot of tension can be hard on the connector ... both on the component and the connector on the cable. It would be preferable if you could reroute to minimize that tension. You can also look at extenders (not sure what that cable is for).
So you think that is really with too much tension in there ? Is a GPU cable , the cable is longer than I want so no need for an extension I think , it is like this on the front https://postimg.cc/9D3PkGbz , I think I have tried 3 different ways to route it ...

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
If there is no tension on the GPU connectors or the PSU connectors it's fine.
On the connector of the gpu no , the cable is bigger than I need , but what is making me worry is the cable from the PSU like I pointed , the GPU cable is routed close to The PSU but anyway it seems that have some tension but maybe I am not right and that's normal like it is , that's why I am asking.
image of the cable:

https://i.postimg.cc/L4PvdGB1/Inked20200324-233422-LI.jpg

That image is the gpu cable coming out from the PSU , is a PSU with fixed cables, as can be seen , I am worried because the cable seems to have some tension but it's routed very close to the PSU and I have more than enough cable to vonnect it to the gpu so no tension on GPU or GPU connector at all

Last edited: