Apr 4, 2019
Part list
Mobo: Msi B450 pro M2
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: Msi gtx 1060 6gb gaming x
PSU: Masterwatt 650 watt semi modular
Ram: 8gb corsair vengance
Hard Drive: 1tb barracuda
I have a gtx 1060 6gb by msi and whenever I game it will randomly shut off. Now when I try to turn on my pc everything will come on but my gpu. Sometimes it will turn on but when I start to game again it just shuts off. I had msi afterburner open during the games. My gpu is overclocked. My gpu looked to be about 52 C I don’t know if that’s high or low or maybe it is because my gpu isn’t fully plugged in. When I plug it in it snaps in place but when I look it is not fully in but pretty close. I heard it could be fried but just wanted to check because I don’t want to have to buy a new one

First off, don't overclock your GPU for the time being. Restore all factory defaults. 52 C is a normal/safe TEMP.

Is this a brand new GPU ? How old is your PSU ?

This sounds like a PSU issue to me, though I'm just making a guess here, but your system is indeed shutting down. Or, maybe there is some loose connection ?

Try to "reseat" the GPU back on the PCI-Express slot of your motherboard, and connect the power cables to the GPU. Do you have the latest version of BIOS installed on this PC ?