Question GPU sagging - correcting the sag results in no video output?

Hello fellow members of the community!

I've been having an issue recently with shoddy performance, namely some stutters and very low 1% lows in some easy to run titles. I have an old GTX 970 paired with an I7 4790.
In trying to figure out the culprit, one of my hypothesis was that the GPU could need some adjustments contacting the board (ASUS H97-Pro) since it's always had a sag and the PC has been moved around a bunch. One time, when my cat dropped something heavy on the table the PC sat the screen went black, even though everything kept running, and it didn't turn back on until I rebooted.

When I tried to reposition it and prop it up with something the motherboard blinks a red light and, even though everything is running, the screen never turns on. Once I let it sag again it to its usual position and try to run it it works no problem. I'm wondering if the PCIe slot has been damaged to the point the sag is required for it to contact appropriately. What do you think?

This board has another PCIe 2.0 x16 slot, but unfortunately I think it can only run at x4 max. Would switching to this slot cause much of a bottleneck?

Anyhow, this was more of a ramble than anything. I really need to upgrade o_O. Any thoughts on the matter are appreciated, cheers!

Solution
I'm wondering if the PCIe slot has been damaged to the point the sag is required for it to contact appropriately. What do you think?
Highly possible, the sag might've bent some pins in the slot then again maybe your card is deformed for being in that position for a prolonged period of time.

You will lose performance, yes. This won't help your quest to eliminate stutters in your game.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm wondering if the PCIe slot has been damaged to the point the sag is required for it to contact appropriately. What do you think?
Highly possible, the sag might've bent some pins in the slot then again maybe your card is deformed for being in that position for a prolonged period of time.

You will lose performance, yes. This won't help your quest to eliminate stutters in your game.

Solution

Dang, yeah, I guess I just wanted to hear it from someone else. Thank you!