[SOLVED] GTX 1650 has "error 43" on Asus fx505dt laptop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2022
Hello,
I need Your wisdom guys, my GTX 1650 in Asus fx505dt has error 43. Computer works fine with AMD integrated graphics besides big temperatures, i guess they are coming from Nvidia chip or vrams. Can You help me out reviving it?

tOAevgVl.jpg

Things ive already done with it:
  • drivers update. Old/newest ones from Asus and Nvidia sites. To delete old ones i used ddu app. Drivers are installing without Issues and even error 43 disappears but after reset it shows up again.
  • reinstalled os,
  • measured coils,
98Zmtfrl.jpg

- took heatsink off, on 2 coils (magic r22, ive marked them green on picture) had big dryed amount of thermal paste, i think 0.5mm thermal pad should be there. Rest of stuff was also in thermal paste, but they werent dryed. Zero thermalpads.

5Eweenhl.jpg

- checked in gpu-z and in MODS Nvidia Tools.

NzwaWDxl.jpg

HikT55Sl.jpg

• turned on laptop without heatsink just for a moment to see what's heating up so much. Immediately gpu and vrams are going really hot.
  • downgraded bios
So my guess is vram has some issues because gpuz has no information about it, what You think? And also i don't know if MODS Tools are working on laptops or gpu is just damaged or just i did something wrong i have no experience with it. Would really appreciate any help diagnosing what's the problem. I've got lab psu, multimeter and soldering station.
Thank You in advance
Best regards

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you've made sure you're on the latest BIOS, then checked that DDU doesn't help you, then the GPU(GTX1650) is dead in the water. You could try and flash the VBIOS but if the laptop is under warranty it's best you send it off for an RMA. How did I come to the conclusion that the GPU is dead? The Error 42 + 0MB shown in GPU-Z.

Mar 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you've made sure you're on the latest BIOS, then checked that DDU doesn't help you, then the GPU(GTX1650) is dead in the water. You could try and flash the VBIOS but if the laptop is under warranty it's best you send it off for an RMA. How did I come to the conclusion that the GPU is dead? The Error 42 + 0MB shown in GPU-Z.

Thank You for warm welcome,

Its not under warranty. By gpu, You mean chip or whole section with vrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.