Jan 28, 2022
Hello, i got a problem with my Gtx 1650 4gb gddr5

I just bought today a used gtx 1650 from someone that told me it got some problems, it was very cheap so i just took it in the intend to fix it.
He told me that in "demanding" games he gets black screens or white screens, particularly in PUBG, in tests like furmark or superposition 2017 at 4K or any other resolution it runs perfectly, i actually let it run for an hour in furmark and it performed good with no problems.
I tried playing Dota, CSGO, WorldOFTanks, Total war:Warhammer 2, max setting with no problems, till i played PUBG and it happend, i get a black screen with the sound of the game starting to error(buzz), then after 3 mins it turns into no signal, then i gotta restart the pc and is back to normal.
I checked everything, the bios is the right one, the driver is the last from nvidia, i get a particularl error in event history of windows :

"The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer."

This appears only when i play pubg, i looked into the date-and time of the log.

Error i get
gpuz

I have to add that i had an rx 580 before in this system, the pc run perfectly fine with it and i made sure to unninstall the AMD driver before installing the GTX 1650

The guy that sold it to me, told me he tried the GPU in another systems and it behaved the same.

My pc specs (no overclocks)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3600MHz CL18
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Gaming X
PSU: nJoy Titan+ 500, 500W, PFC Activ

Any help is welcome!

Jan 28, 2022
Hello, have you tried to flash a new bios on your card?

I was thinking about this, i will try running Warzone because is a very demanding game and see if i get the same results, if i do i am flashing a new bios and coming back with news.
in GpuZ it's showing the right bios as i am awere, i don't think someone messed with it

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
I was thinking about this, i will try running Warzone because is a very demanding game and see if i get the same results, if i do i am flashing a new bios and coming back with news.
in GpuZ it's showing the right bios as i am awere, i don't think someone messed with it
Sure thing, try searching for the right bios here https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...=GTX+1650&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=
I don't think it's related to hardware, I tend to believe there's something wrong on the software side.

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
You have the latest bios, indeed, but you should still flash it again, you can never know.

Jan 28, 2022
You have the latest bios, indeed, but you should still flash it again, you can never know.

hello, i played Warzone for an hour or so and i had no problem. flashed the new bios got into PUBG and got a white screen after 5 min in game, this happend two times. It might only be the game i think, i am really curious if i will encounter the problem in other games.