Jun 1, 2021
Hello,

I have a Tenda F3 router, which has a 1*10/100M auto-negotiation WAN port.

My problem is that I have a wifi modem from my ISP, but it's range is terrible (speed is 100mbit/s), so I tried to use my Tenda F3 router to increase the wifi range. Connected them with a cat 5e cable, set the router to 100M full-duplex mode, but when I check either wifi or cable speed that comes from the Tenda router I get only 50mbit/s which is half of the speed I get when I try the ISP's modem's wifi or cable. It always gives me full speed. I don't understand this situation, it should work, I think. (of course I compared them the same time, same cable, same device)

Can someone help me out with this? The cable must be OK, because I get full speed if I plug my laptop to the ISP's modem.

Thank you!

Solution
Did you set the tenda up as a AP. Did you try by cabling to the lan port rather than the wan. If you cable the ISP router to one lan port and your pc to a second port the lan ports act as a switch and should run the same as if you directly cabled it.
Jun 1, 2021
Did you set the tenda up as a AP. Did you try by cabling to the lan port rather than the wan. If you cable the ISP router to one lan port and your pc to a second port the lan ports act as a switch and should run the same as if you directly cabled it.

Thank you for your quick response! Yes the router is in AP mode, and your idea also work. But my problem seems solved now, I just tried downloading a torrent and it's giving me full speed, 10MB/s. However on speedtest.net it's always the half of it... I don't understand this. If I use my ISP modem only, then speedtest shows maximum, torrent speed also. If I use my Tenda router, the speedtest shows only 50mbit/s, but torrent download is at maximum speed. I don't get that, but I don't mind as long as I have the proper speed for real downloads. Do you have any idea what is this? I'm just curious, I'm fine with it. :)

Jun 1, 2021
If it really is the router I would look for a IP conflict. Make sure you have changed the IP address on the tenda router so it does not conflict with the main router.

The tenda router is running purely as a switch so the traffic does not pass through the router chip.

There's no IP conflict, but thank you for the tip. As I said full speed (100mbit/s) is comeing through when I download something for real. Only speedtest.net show the speed is 50mbit/s, and I don't know why. But I don't mind as long as real file downloads are 100mbit/s