[SOLVED] hard drive affecting psu

Jun 27, 2021
I Have a working Custom build pc all parts working and all I Decide to upgrade some parts now my hard drive is messing up the PSU. When I plug it in it turn on half a second later turns off stay off. I try every parts even the old PSU but the result are different every time.

Parts:
Motherboard: z97 extream 4
Cpu : i7 something
GPU: 1070 to 3090
PSU: 750 to 1200
(Issue) Storage: 1 hdd 1 Seagate ssd
The windows is on the hdd
Plug in the old PSU it work find no issue

Solution
What is the brand and model of the power supply? Are you using the correct cables that came with it if it's modular? Make sure you are using the right SATA power cables with the drive and they are in the right power ports on the power supply? The fact that it all works on the old power supply points to something on the PSU not the drive.
What is the brand and model of the power supply? Are you using the correct cables that came with it if it's modular? Make sure you are using the right SATA power cables with the drive and they are in the right power ports on the power supply? The fact that it all works on the old power supply points to something on the PSU not the drive.

Reactions: MeepKid
Solution
Jun 27, 2021
Thermaitake 750 to asus thor 1200 yes all cable are correct type. I did not switch out the cable on the hdd and ssd let me try it out...

update well dam it work thanks you very much

* thoughts *"that's annoying pc are picky on cables so lame"