Black_Knight_MC

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2005
I am having a hard time finding a way to watch my CPU temps while I play games. I want to have a bar graph like my old PC Probe used to have but when I upgraded my mobo PC Probe 2 lacked this feature. When ever I find one with a bar graph I either have to pay, or it runs only for 10 mintues or some other crap. Anyone have a good program to reccomend for my system? I would REALLY appreciate it, thanks.

Edit-
Like RivaTuner for gfx cards has this and is very, very good. That is what I mean by a bar graph.

Also, I found one program that just tells me my temps, whoopie, but it also shows a third aux temp, at 117C. Well I know this has to be an error because no part of my computer would run that hot and last as long as it has and not increase my ambient temp. I looked through my mobo manual and only temp reading done is the cpu itself so I am just curious what this device usually is.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
I use a Gigabyte mobo and most probably different sensor setup. SpeedFan does not show an Aux temp on mine.

117C most probably an error or else something is cooking nicely and you would have smelt it by now.

Like I said they only indicate and are not necessarily 100% accurate. Depends a lot on the mobo manufacturer. The standards have a lot of latitude apparently.

What you know for sure is:

Your CPU could not take it and would be throttling constantly and you would have noticed a performance decrease.

Hardrive unlikely - most can only tolerate 40C something max.

Board temp - caps and mosfet's are dead by now.

Power supply - you wouldn't be here reading this.

Might be an idea to email your mobo's manufacturer and ask what sensor are on the board and what each sensor is for if you want to go to that depth of detail.

P4 640 3.2GHz o/c 3.6Ghz on Air
GA 8IPE775 G 865PE chipset
Arctic Cooler Freezer 7
GA 6600GT AGP o/c 556MHz/1.11GHz
1 gig Kingmax Dual Channel DDR400
Antec Sonata Case 4x Fans
mCubed Tban SL4 Fan Controller

Killing the myth that P4 runs hot !!!

Teh_Catman

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2005
With SpeedFan 4.28 I have HD0 34C/ Remote 1 (cpu)53C Max /Remote 2 (120+C) I ignore, and ambient 37C max. I find it impossible to monitor temps while gaming since Alt-tabing drops your temp 3-5C, once you exit the game (or alt tab it) your temps will go down. I say if you dont see smoke and dont smell anything funny whats your problem?

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
My SpeedFan 4.28 reads Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 HDO Temp1.

It all depends on how the mobo manufacturer set the board up and what sensors are activated or not.

SpeedFan help file even states thats its impossible to be able to label each temp type as it is not known which sensor is attached to what by the mobo manufacturer.

I find the chart logs regardless on my system

Might be a good way of monitoring the system if you make changes. :D

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7

endyen

Splendid
It shows that you dont own a newer Intel chip. (I know, you have an X2 you lucky man)
It would be nice to know beforehand, when those Intel chips will throttle. That way, you can just back off a bit, and chill.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Warning AMD alert - crap will be flowing profusely!

What a load of AMD fanboy crap, lay back and chill when it throttles.

What's your system specs?

Scared to show them?

Hiding incognito?

Replying to threads about/with Intel specs?

Got nothing to say to help someone else except crap on?

Living in a dream world without reality?

Can't read that AMD users also monitor their temps?

Selective tunnel vision?

Over 7 posts a day for less than 3 years?

Looks like your an AMD crapboy alright!

Teh_Catman

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2005
Warning AMD alert - crap will be flowing profusely!

What a load of AMD fanboy crap, lay back and chill when it throttles.

What your system specs? Scared to show them? Hiding incognito? Replying to threads about/with Intel specs? Got nothing to say to help someone else except crap on? Living in a dream world without reality?

Looks like your an AMD crapboy alright!

Whats your problem I have nothing against Intel and have built several for my friends that say "I need Intel". Its there power bill not mine and I have no right to tell them otherwise.

EDIT: Also I am an AMD fanboy becuase they cant be beat at the moment. I'm a bang for the buck man and I dont see Intel getting that back for a very long time.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
More AMD crap!

It's their power bill not mine!

You've done some research apparently and have the verified statistics available to back up your claim from every system that exists do you?

You obviously have a lack of understanding in the difference between hypothesis and fact.

I will pose a simple question?

My system has less components than yours, mine is an Intel based yours is AMD based which one uses more juice.

Given that there is an absolutely enormous choice of hardware from different manufacturers as well as the tolerances used in their manufacture your statement is absurd and obviously based on AMD crappyism.

Edit. My Intel system performs how I wanted it to. Does that mean that I got bang for my buck too?

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7

Teh_Catman

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2005
More AMD crap!

It's their power bill not mine!

You've done some research apparently and have the verified statistics available to back up your claim from every system that exists do you?

You obviously have a lack of understanding in the difference between hypothesis and fact.

I will pose a simple question?

My system has less components than yours, mine is an Intel based yours is AMD based which one uses more juice.

Given that there is an absolutely enormous choice of hardware from different manufacturers as well as the tolerances used in their manufacture your statement is absurd and obviously based on AMD crappyism.

Edit. My Intel system performs how I wanted it to. Does that mean that I got bang for my buck too?

What do you want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am happy saying they all have strong points (although Intel have less). Keep eating the grass sheep.

EDIT: you know what I was editing to compromise with you but if you belive Intel is better then have fun with that.x

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Your the sheep man!

I am equally just as happy asking you to back up your claims.

Now you say they all have strong points.

You don't know what your talking about. :lol:

Fence sitting the last resort of an AMD crappyboy! You can read it on every thread on this forum. When asked to produce the proof "they all have strong points" after having spent considerable effort bagging.

Have a nice day :D

Edit: I'm a service tech. They are the same it's the marketing thats the difference and has been for the last ten years that I know of.

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7

endyen

Splendid
Listen idiot moron, Right now, Intel is a second class chip. Not only do they cost more, for poorer performance, but for near same performance, they generate 50 watts more heat. Live with it, it's how it is.
If you want to call me a fanboy because I say Intel's throttle, take a look at reality.
You are an Intel inside, idiot outside kind of guy, so keep shooting your mouth off. Now of course, it's your time to "leap ahead", so go find a cliff.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
Now there's the completion of the AMD crappyboys quadrella.

Name calling!

Where's your facts?

Let me put it in the simplest terms I can for you.

If you don't have an Intel based system you don't know what you are talking about. You are simply repeating what someone else has told you or wishes you to think.
(Typed very slowly so you can understand)

Now lets look at the word Intel meaning INTELligent choice.

Now lets look at AMD meaning A Morons Decision.

My 640 has never throttled yet and I give it all it's got.

And for you, you simpleton this thread was about what when you butted in with your moronic comments :lol:

Edit: thanks for making me a member with having to reply to your insults!!!!

endyen

Splendid
You are obviously too stupid to find your own facts, so why should I bother.
I have owned a number of intel systems, and sold a good deal more.
There have been times when Intel offered good value. I expect that to happen again. Right now, anyone who pays attention is a fool if they buy Intel (sorry to the 5% who are better served because they need software that was deved with an Intel compiler)
I see that you also work in the industry, and that you have an Intel.

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004

Still the AMD crappyboy name calling continues.

Let me type very slowly for you!

I am not the one making the comments you are. It's up to you to

substantiate your claims with fact. Like all AMD supporters you made

a comment about throttling without providing the necessary facts or

first hand knowledge.

Intel still offers value. It's just my values are different from yours.

It's not unusual for the insane lets say 5% of the population to say that they are the sane ones. Maybe you should make an appointment with your therapist.

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE PAL!

Now you're on the mend - a cure for you is near!

Find some facts to fill your empty headed comments with! :lol:

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7

lost

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2004
No I'm not angry.

I just wanted to have them big enough for your tiny brain to take in.

By the way where are the rest of Intels processors, especially the ones that are being used by the people in this thread bonehead.

The thread which you jumped into with your typical AMD jackass fashion and hijacked to make yourself feel good about AMD you troll. I said before I think you need to see a therapist, jackass.

Insecurity can be debillitating but there is hope for you yet.

Here try this- http://www.therapistfinder.net/

So, lets put it in a nutshell jackass. I use Intel because I not stupid. You use AMD because you have problem. The first step to recovery is always the admission to yourself that you have a problem. Yours seems to stem from you're inability to read thread topics and comprehend its meaning as well as your deep seated insecurity based on things that really do not matter a shit!

Just to help overcome your reading difficulty i will give you the substance of this thread jackass:

I am having a hard time finding a way to watch my CPU temps while I play games.

:lol:

Arctic Cooler Freezer 7