Jul 17, 2021
Hello

I'm at a stump. I have a LSI SAS9200-16e that connects my 45 JBOD enclosure to my server. Motherboard is a SUPERMICRO X8DTH-IF

If the JBOD is turned OFF then the computer will start and get into windows but obviously then you don't have your hard drives from the enclosure.
If the JBOD is turned ON then the computer sits at a forever loading of windows.
Drivers, bios are fully updated. motherboard settings set to default.

If I turn the JBOD ON while in windows then I get nothing to detect as far as hard drives goes.
I have even tried it on an HP Z400 motherboard which did the exact same thing.

Tried different versions of windows and same thing.

Worked previously in a supermicro X9DRH-7TF but I no longer have this board.

Any insight/help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello

I'm at a stump. I have a LSI SAS9200-16e that connects my 45 JBOD enclosure to my server. Motherboard is a SUPERMICRO X8DTH-IF

If the JBOD is turned OFF then the computer will start and get into windows but obviously then you don't have your hard drives from the enclosure.
If the JBOD is turned ON then the computer sits at a forever loading of windows.

If I turn the JBOD ON while in windows then I get nothing to detect as far as hard drives goes.

Worked previously in a supermicro X9DRH-7TF but I no longer have this board...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello

Worked previously in a supermicro X9DRH-7TF but I no longer have this board.

Any insight/help would be greatly appreciated.
This has to be a BIOS issue. I don't know if that board REQUIRES UEFI or can't work with UEFI. But it is something in this nature.

Solution