Question HD audio on front panel started working after few hours of building PC

vikaskumar2299

Prominent
Mar 31, 2022
Hi. I finished my pc build today. In my B660M-A Pro WiFi, front panel audio wasn't working (it wasn't even detecting) which is connected to JAUD1 on motherboard. I tried everything. Tried reconnecting wire/cable two times.

(The rear audio ports which are built on motherboard itself on worked as expected though, they had no issues. Just front panel case audio had issue).

Finally, out of nowhere I tried remove it and plug in again one last time and it worked. It's working so far after that. However, I really don't think I made a poor connections earlier.
So could it be the poor cable (that is connected to front panel of my pc case and which is plugged on motherboard JAUD1 pins)? Some manufacturing issue in the cable itself?

Also, earlier I thought it could be faulty motherboard. But now that it has worked at least for now, is there still any possibility that it's actually motherboard JAUD1 pins (that particular portion on motherboard) is faulty? Which may work sometimes and may not sometimes?

The motherboard is still under 3 days replacement policy from shop. Not sure it's worth to send it for replacement. Especially when it seems working for now. I don't know what to do. If I don't go for replacement now and it turns out later that it's JAUD1 faulty, I would regret that I didn't replace it under replacment policy.

Kindly share your views.

vikaskumar2299

Prominent
Mar 31, 2022
Most likely a driver issue based on the information given. Probably got an update via Windows Update.
I would make the assumption that you didn't go to the manufacturer website and install the pertinent drivers before use.
The thing is I already updated system and updated drivers and restarted many times. It wasn't working. It worked then suddenly when I removed and connected again one last time and restarted PC.

Lutfij

Titan
You can find the latest audio drivers meant for your motherboard off of the motherboard's support site, here;
or here;
and make sure to install the latest audio driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator. I'd advise on unintalling the audio driver from Device Manager before reinstalling.

Side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

vikaskumar2299

Prominent
Mar 31, 2022
You can find the latest audio drivers meant for your motherboard off of the motherboard's support site, here;
or here;
and make sure to install the latest audio driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Adminsitrator. I'd advise on unintalling the audio driver from Device Manager before reinstalling.

Side note, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
In the system information I found this: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.90, 07-11-2022
Yeah it could be drivers. But I'm pretty sure I had updated everything before I bothered testing this audio. Windows was showng no updates available. And manual drivers were already installed.
It literally started working when I unplugged cable from motherboard pins and plugged again and restarted. It has something to do with that last restart or replugging.