Ifkecsss

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
Hello,

so I have this problem, I bought this HDMI to DP adapter cable (image and link below)
to use with my Asus ROG PG278Q monitor (it has just a single DP input) and an older
Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop and it is not working, it is not recognized on the laptop when connected.
The adapter also has this micro USB port which I thought maybe needs additional power to convert the signal, so I connected that also to one of the laptops USB ports, but no luck.

I tried to hook up the laptop to my other monitor Gigabyte G34WQC with the same adapter and HDMI cable and it works like a charm.

Do you guys have any idea what is the problem and do you need any additional info to help me solve this problem?

Thanks.

Adapter link
remote.jpg.ashx

Ifkecsss

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
Hi, thanks for the response.
I initially had that one you sent (DP-HDMI) and it didn't work, so I replaced it with this one in my first post (HDMI-DP).

The guys working at the store and their service guys said that it should work now. And it does, just not on the monitor that I need. I really can't seem to understand where is the problem...