[SOLVED] Help and advice, hdd gone and stuck on boot

Aug 13, 2020
so one day i noticed that my hdd had simply vanished from my pc, i tried to unplug & plug it from the motherboard and when i switched the place on the motherboard where i plug it it showed up again on my pc but the name had changed to "scsi...", it had 0gb and couldnt be opened, any ideas? now then the another problem i have now is my boot was very long it just stayed on "aorus' screen for like 5mins before booting so i dove into bios and switched from "windows boot... (my ssd)" to "my ssd" so i knew that i messed up when i tried to boot it again and it said to switch to a proper boot device, now this wasnt a big deal i could have just switched to the previous one but my keyboard nor my mouse was working anymore at boot so im in an endless loop of keyboard not getting power even when i switch the usb ports and the windows saying that i cant boot and need to switch, how can i get power to my keyboard so i can switch it back and how can i get my hdd working again? thanks in advance :)

This is a family friendly site.
Vulgarity will not be tolerated.
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the name had changed to "scsi...", it had 0gb and couldnt be opened
Looks like the HDD might've croaked it's last.

We will need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Aug 13, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the name had changed to "scsi...", it had 0gb and couldnt be opened
Looks like the HDD might've croaked it's last.

We will need a little more information. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

cpu: ryzen 5 2600x
motherboard: aorus 470x ultra gaming
ram: g.skill ripjaws 2x8gb 3200mhz cl14
ssd: samsung m.2 ssd 970 500gb evo
hdd: kingston 1000gb 5700rpm if i remember correctly, the rpm amount could be different
gpu: msi 1660 ti gaming x
psu: corsair bronze 650w if i remember correctly
windows: windows 10 pro

and sorry for the little vague parts and the vulgar language i used :l

Aug 13, 2020
so one day i noticed that my hdd had simply vanished from my pc, i tried to unplug & plug it from the motherboard and when i switched the place on the motherboard where i plug it it showed up again on my pc but the name had changed to "scsi...", it had 0gb and couldnt be opened, any ideas? now then the another problem i have now is my boot was very long it just stayed on "aorus' screen for like 5mins before booting so i dove into bios and switched from "windows boot... (my ssd)" to "my ssd" so i knew that i messed up when i tried to boot it again and it said to switch to a proper boot device, now this wasnt a big deal i could have just switched to the previous one but my keyboard nor my mouse was working anymore at boot so im in an endless loop of keyboard not getting power even when i switch the usb ports and the windows saying that i cant boot and need to switch, how can i get power to my keyboard so i can switch it back and how can i get my hdd working again? thanks in advance :)

This is a family friendly site.
Vulgarity will not be tolerated.
Lutfij
ok so i got rid of the booting problem by resetting cmos by taking out the battery letting it sit for 5mins then boot the computer without the battery to the os and rebooting again with the battery but now the problem is with the hdd and slow boot, when i boot my computer it stays on the "aorus" screen for like 3mins then it loads for another 2mins then i can get to the computer, it didnt take this long like a week ago and now suddenly it does, any ideas on that?