Question Help! Any game crashes after 5-10 minutes on my new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2019
So here’s the deal: any game crashes in 5-10 minutes on my brand new custom pc. It doesn’t matter what game, Minecraft was crashing...

I built the pc by myself for the first time, and it went fine until I tried playing Fortnite. I was running it on epic settings and the game crashed in 5 minutes. I kept restarting it and lowering the settings, and it kept crashing. I did the same with Minecraft and World of Tanks.

These are the specs
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 4-core
GPU: Radeon RX 570 4GB OC edition
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A
RAM: Patriot Viper 8GB DDR4 single stick
SSD: Inland pro 480GB 2.5” SATA 6GB/s
PSU: EVGA 500B bronze non-modular

What I have tried:
  • Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
  • Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
  • Reset the PC
  • Checked the cable connections

Keep in mind that this is only during me playing games, not doing anything else. I think it’s a gpu problem, but I’m not sure. If you could help that would be awesome. Thanks!

Mar 24, 2019
So I ran Prime95 for about a half an hour, and the cpu hovered in the 73-78 degree range. The only thing that happened is a program that was downloading in the background quit. Other than that, nothing else crashed. When I closed the program, it dropped to 45 degrees.

Mar 24, 2019
So here’s the deal: any game crashes in 5-10 minutes on my brand new custom pc. It doesn’t matter what game, Minecraft was crashing...

I built the pc by myself for the first time, and it went fine until I tried playing Fortnite. I was running it on epic settings and the game crashed in 5 minutes. I kept restarting it and lowering the settings, and it kept crashing. I did the same with Minecraft and World of Tanks.

These are the specs
RAM: Patriot Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB PC4-21300 2666 MHz

What I have tried:
Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
Reset the PC
Checked the cable connections
Keep in mind that this is only during me playing games, not doing anything else. I think it’s a gpu problem, but I’m not sure. If you could help that would be awesome. Thanks!

Mar 14, 2019

These are the specs

What I have tried:
Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
Reset the PC
Checked the cable connections
Are you overclocking your gpu or cpu? Could be something to do with your BIOS settings

Mar 24, 2019
I have not overclocked anything, and I just reset my PC, so BIOS settings should be default. I can't even start the games when I disable my GPU, but the CPU jumped up from 45 degrees to 75 when I tried to start Wot. Then I got the "Your video card has crashed so we stopped your game" message.

Mar 24, 2019
Idle:
TMPIN0(CPU Socket): 71-78 degrees - it mostly hovered around in the 72-76 range
TMPIN1(Motherboard) 43 degrees
TMPIN2(North Bridge): 54-55 degrees

In Game (WoT): The game only ran for 2 minuets before crashing
TMPIN0: 68-78 degrees - It peaked at 78 degrees and crashed at 77
TMPIN1: 43-45 degrees - Crashed at 45
TMPIN2: 52-55 degrees - Crashed at 54

That leaves me hanging because there is almost no change. I was downloading something in the background if that means anything. But it was downloading when it was "idle" and "in game"

Mar 24, 2019

These are the specs

What I have tried:
-Removing all the gpu drivers and re-installing them
-Downloaded 3 different driver detectors, all which gave me the same 7 drivers I needed to download, and installed them all.
-Reset the PC
-Checked the cable connections

Mar 24, 2019
By crash do you mean the system is rebooting or that the game crashes to desktop? If the former, then the issue is with your PSU. If the latter, then the games or your OS are at fault.

The games crash to the desktop: It freezes up for 5-10 seconds, then the screen goes dark. When it lights up again a few seconds later, it sends me back to the game launcher with the "your game has crashed so we closed it" message. However, for WoT, it says the video card crashed. So I don't know what to think. I have reinstalled all the games once, and they still don't work. I am going to repair windows with the usb media tool. I installed windows 10 with the usb media tool if that means anything.

Mar 24, 2019
Also, I ran a windows diagnostics report and this is what came up under warnings and I don't know what it means:

Severity:Information
Warning:High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 24085. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 6021.
Related:Performance Diagnosis

Mar 24, 2019
Also, I ran a windows diagnostics report and this is what came up under warnings and I don't know what that means:

Severity:Information
Warning:High average interrupts / processor. This machine has 4 processors and 5 network cards. Total Interrupts/sec on the machine is 24085. The average interrupts per processor per sec is 6021.
Related:Performance Diagnosis

Mar 24, 2019
What CPU cooling options to you have? Try some liquid cooled AIO options like the 120 and 240 Corsair or Coolermaster stuff. A stock Wraith or smaller CPU heatsink and fan combination may not be enough. At a minimum consider the Coolermaster Evo 212. Look at Case air flow and case pressure. My preferred ratio is 3 intake, 3 exhaust. Try to rig the AIO to intake mode to draw cooler air across the fins of the radiator.

What Brand is the GPU card? Consider running ASUS TWEAK II or any software than can allow you to see and or make GPU adjustments on the fly. Forget the stock software for GPU cooling. You must be able to adjust it. Do not rely on the automatic fan control. Select manual and 75% all times.

Recheck memory config and speed setting in BIOS.

I'l be looking for an AMD4 Ryzen5 1600 or so. Sell that other one for better cooling options.

So I figured out what was wrong the other day: I have a 3.5 gigahertz cpu, with a max clock speed of 3.7. Mine was set for 3.85. Thank you so much for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.